Mar 24, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
We’ve heard from his teammates about what they think of his suspension, but Keith talked with CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers about how he’s going to stay loose while he’s suspended and he’s sounding an awful lot like Hulk Hogan when describing what his routine will be.
“I want to keep sharp, want to keep in game shape. I’ll do that,” he said. “(I’ll try to) get as much rest, eat properly, get lots of sleep and be working out with Paul (Goodman) and hopefully I can try to use it as my advantage, somehow.”
“Well you know Mean Gene, as long as I take my vitamins, say my prayers, and sharpen these gnarly elbows, Duncamania is gonna run wild on you!”
In all seriousness now, we’re sure the Canucks could care less about what Keith decides to do with his time off. Meanwhile, Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews told Myers he thinks his teammate may have gone “a little overboard” with his hit on Sedin. Political correctness like that is why he’s the leader everyone.
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 11
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 6
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29