Mar 23, 2012, 8:03 PM EDT
Considering the scant amount of regular season games remaining, it’s probably safe to say that the New York Rangers won’t get him back until at least the playoffs. In fact, it wouldn’t be shocking if this is his last 2011-12 appearance.
With today’s game marking just his 10th game of the season, it’s hard to call this a major loss; he’s an undersized forward whose limitations might have been exposed in the grinding intensity of a playoff series. Still, he was starting to put his game together a bit; Zuccarello had two goals in two games on March 17 and 19.
Losing him won’t make or break the Rangers, but you never know when you might need a little wizard’s magic.
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 0
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 9
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 11
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4