Mar 23, 2012, 8:03 PM EDT
Considering the scant amount of regular season games remaining, it’s probably safe to say that the New York Rangers won’t get him back until at least the playoffs. In fact, it wouldn’t be shocking if this is his last 2011-12 appearance.
With today’s game marking just his 10th game of the season, it’s hard to call this a major loss; he’s an undersized forward whose limitations might have been exposed in the grinding intensity of a playoff series. Still, he was starting to put his game together a bit; Zuccarello had two goals in two games on March 17 and 19.
Losing him won’t make or break the Rangers, but you never know when you might need a little wizard’s magic.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 28
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 111
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 79
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (112)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (79)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)