Mar 23, 2012, 8:03 PM EDT
Considering the scant amount of regular season games remaining, it’s probably safe to say that the New York Rangers won’t get him back until at least the playoffs. In fact, it wouldn’t be shocking if this is his last 2011-12 appearance.
With today’s game marking just his 10th game of the season, it’s hard to call this a major loss; he’s an undersized forward whose limitations might have been exposed in the grinding intensity of a playoff series. Still, he was starting to put his game together a bit; Zuccarello had two goals in two games on March 17 and 19.
Losing him won’t make or break the Rangers, but you never know when you might need a little wizard’s magic.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)