Mar 23, 2012, 8:03 PM EST
Considering the scant amount of regular season games remaining, it’s probably safe to say that the New York Rangers won’t get him back until at least the playoffs. In fact, it wouldn’t be shocking if this is his last 2011-12 appearance.
With today’s game marking just his 10th game of the season, it’s hard to call this a major loss; he’s an undersized forward whose limitations might have been exposed in the grinding intensity of a playoff series. Still, he was starting to put his game together a bit; Zuccarello had two goals in two games on March 17 and 19.
Losing him won’t make or break the Rangers, but you never know when you might need a little wizard’s magic.
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 2
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56