Mar 23, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
According to multiple reports, Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith has waived his right to an in-person hearing with the NHL and will have a phone hearing today at 2 p.m. ET to review the elbow he threw Wednesday to the head of Canucks forward Daniel Sedin.
An in-person hearing is required to dole out a suspension of more than five games. However, since Keith waived his right to one, he could be suspended six games or more via phone.
That’s not to say he will be suspended more than five games, but the option is there.
Sedin missed last night’s game in Dallas and is out indefinitely with a possible concussion.
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 22
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 105
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115