Duncan Keith’s hit was “nasty,” according to BC premier

Mar 23, 2012, 1:28 PM EST

Christy Clark

British Columbia politicians have put aside their partisan bickering and come out vehemently against Duncan Keith’s headshot on Daniel Sedin.

In a related story, they’re also against murder, and they don’t care if it’s an unpopular opinion.

“I think [the hit] was nasty. I’m confident the NHL is going to make the right decision, and I think Duncan Keith should face some pretty serious consequences,” BC premier Christy Clark (pictured) said Thursday, as per The Province.

“If the NHL doesn’t enforce tough rules against those kinds of unfair hits, they are sending absolutely the wrong message.”

Meanwhile, opposition party candidate Joe Trasolini said, “I saw the hit and I don’t like it. Unfortunately, the NHL is going to an area where good players are being targeted. The skills are what the game is all about and those types of hits to the head are not something I personally like.”

For voters, it presents an interesting quandary. If both sides are against Keith elbowing Sedin in the head, then how does one differentiate between the two?

Many pundits believe future B.C. elections will be determined by the all-important “Who should start in goal for the Canucks?” question.

1. drewzducks - Mar 23, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I could give a rats ass about Sedin. More importantly, Christy Clark is a MILF !

• barkar942 - Mar 23, 2012 at 1:51 PM

And definitely not to be confused with Chris Christie.

• mercyflush - Mar 23, 2012 at 3:40 PM

I sincerely hope she’s wearing nothing but that jersey. mmmmm

2. velocirapist - Mar 23, 2012 at 1:36 PM

And people on these boards thought the reactions of Canucks fans were ‘ridiculous’… are your heads exploding yet?

Politics in this province are just so embarrassing.

• comeonnowguys - Mar 23, 2012 at 2:49 PM

To be fair, Blackhawk fans have had three of their last four governors in jail, so you’re not going to hear much on that front.

I’d personally chalk up an rather attractive female politician that actually wants to talk sports as a plus.

• velocirapist - Mar 23, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Haha, maybe there’s more that unites us than divides us. I don’t think there’s been a premier while I’ve been alive who hasn’t resigned due to scandal (excluding those who were interim for replacements for the crooks). Wish we had the balls to lock some of ‘em up

• davebabychreturns - Mar 23, 2012 at 4:43 PM

She doesn’t want to talk sports, she wants to pander – and nobody likes a suck up.

3. firemarshal1 - Mar 23, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Wow, can Christy Clark run for President after President Obama finishes his next four year term? Pretty and smart, then again the USA is backwards as a nation. She’s a people candidate, NOT an outsource candidate that American CEO’s love.

• bcisleman - Mar 27, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Most of what you said was crap, but Christy is cute as a button.

4. meane56 - Mar 23, 2012 at 2:03 PM

“good players are being targeted” Was Joe referring to the blind side shot where Sedin targeted Keith’s squash? Or the Elbow that Keith returned to Sedin’s squash that he at least saw coming? In my book they were both illegal and should be penalized. Not just whether or not one of them plays on a team that plays it’s home games in a Canadian city or province of British Columbia!

5. dougcan - Mar 23, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Prove positive she is equally irrelevant in hockey discussions as political ones.

6. geo91 - Mar 23, 2012 at 2:52 PM

She’s a babe

7. haterzgonahate - Mar 23, 2012 at 3:25 PM

BC politicians are a disgrace.. put your focus on more inportant matters. this isn’t your high school – running for class president – popularity contest. shameful!!

8. modellforprez - Mar 23, 2012 at 3:54 PM

got dayum krusty clark got it goin on I’m gonna fly to ottawa and see if we can rubb butts. I can whisper sweet nothings in her hott boxx and eat the fish. boo boo if you read this I’m sorry lil mamma you kno I have severe mental defects. don’t hold it against me damn doctors wont give me any more medicine.

• elvispocomo - Mar 23, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Is it bad that I read that in the voice of the retarded kid Russ from ‘Unsupervised’?

9. kcprof926 - Mar 23, 2012 at 3:58 PM

This is a joke. Politicians protecting their precious Daniel. What do they have to say on his head shot on Keith? The Canucks are a dirty team. Just watch play after the whistle. They better hope Hawks don’t face them in playoffs this year.

10. charlutes - Mar 23, 2012 at 4:22 PM

And who the hell cares what she thinks?

• iamanidiotfan - Mar 23, 2012 at 4:32 PM

That’s easy. They’re going to be going into an election within the year. Time to show voters you’re just like them.

@kc; why would she point out his illegal check to the head? It’s pandering time!

11. ccad05 - Mar 23, 2012 at 5:13 PM

The sedin sisters were cheap shotting kieth the entire time before it happened. Didn’t hear anybody whining and crying until kieth retaliated and stood up for himself. Way to go Duncan. Awesome hit. Big middle finger to the sisters and all of Vancouver and their cheap shot artists.

• elvispocomo - Mar 23, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Care to gives us some details on that? Or is one hit by Daniel – one of the ‘sisters’ you’re talking about – so egregious (sorry, you might not understand that one, so horrible) that it qualifies as cheap shotting the entire time? I know I wouldn’t be worried if my sister tried to hit me, but perhaps that’s what you and your sister do when you hang out.

Seriously, I’d love for you to explain what they were doing that warranted an elbow to the head of a player without the puck.

12. arbruins - Mar 23, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Is that Daniel in the picture? Looks better without the equipment.

13. ccad05 - Mar 23, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Watch the game Elvis you pompous ahole. Cheap shot after cheap shot after cheap shot. Espascially after the whistle. Vancouver is a bunch of dirty cowards. Just he bully who likes to push everyone around until they get pushed back then in and cry to mommy. That’s fine though. Come playoff time it’s over for your girls

14. ccad05 - Mar 23, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Did u miss it when ur lady did it to kieth first? Idiot

• taytay099 - Mar 23, 2012 at 7:43 PM

It bothers me that you can’t even spell Keith properly in either of your posts. It makes it very difficult to take your opinion seriously, but I will try.

You’re correct about the Canucks bullying Keith, though. After his elbow knocked Daniel out of the game he was going to have to answer for his actions, but he refused to fight any challenger so of course he was going to be the target in every scrum. What do you expect?

15. scottybcboy - Mar 23, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Funny how Duncan Keith is one of her constituents (not in her riding, but still in the province), while Sedin is just a part time resident.

16. 8man - Mar 24, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I’d make her eat some serious pillow!

17. bcisleman - Mar 27, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Geez I had no idea our premier was such a BABE! Panders with the best of them too!

Holiday wish lists for NHL teams
Top 10 NHL Player Searches