Mar 23, 2012, 1:28 PM EDT
In a related story, they’re also against murder, and they don’t care if it’s an unpopular opinion.
“I think [the hit] was nasty. I’m confident the NHL is going to make the right decision, and I think Duncan Keith should face some pretty serious consequences,” BC premier Christy Clark (pictured) said Thursday, as per The Province.
“If the NHL doesn’t enforce tough rules against those kinds of unfair hits, they are sending absolutely the wrong message.”
Meanwhile, opposition party candidate Joe Trasolini said, “I saw the hit and I don’t like it. Unfortunately, the NHL is going to an area where good players are being targeted. The skills are what the game is all about and those types of hits to the head are not something I personally like.”
For voters, it presents an interesting quandary. If both sides are against Keith elbowing Sedin in the head, then how does one differentiate between the two?
Many pundits believe future B.C. elections will be determined by the all-important “Who should start in goal for the Canucks?” question.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)