Mar 23, 2012, 1:28 PM EST
In a related story, they’re also against murder, and they don’t care if it’s an unpopular opinion.
“I think [the hit] was nasty. I’m confident the NHL is going to make the right decision, and I think Duncan Keith should face some pretty serious consequences,” BC premier Christy Clark (pictured) said Thursday, as per The Province.
“If the NHL doesn’t enforce tough rules against those kinds of unfair hits, they are sending absolutely the wrong message.”
Meanwhile, opposition party candidate Joe Trasolini said, “I saw the hit and I don’t like it. Unfortunately, the NHL is going to an area where good players are being targeted. The skills are what the game is all about and those types of hits to the head are not something I personally like.”
For voters, it presents an interesting quandary. If both sides are against Keith elbowing Sedin in the head, then how does one differentiate between the two?
Many pundits believe future B.C. elections will be determined by the all-important “Who should start in goal for the Canucks?” question.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)