Mar 23, 2012, 1:28 PM EST
In a related story, they’re also against murder, and they don’t care if it’s an unpopular opinion.
“I think [the hit] was nasty. I’m confident the NHL is going to make the right decision, and I think Duncan Keith should face some pretty serious consequences,” BC premier Christy Clark (pictured) said Thursday, as per The Province.
“If the NHL doesn’t enforce tough rules against those kinds of unfair hits, they are sending absolutely the wrong message.”
Meanwhile, opposition party candidate Joe Trasolini said, “I saw the hit and I don’t like it. Unfortunately, the NHL is going to an area where good players are being targeted. The skills are what the game is all about and those types of hits to the head are not something I personally like.”
For voters, it presents an interesting quandary. If both sides are against Keith elbowing Sedin in the head, then how does one differentiate between the two?
Many pundits believe future B.C. elections will be determined by the all-important “Who should start in goal for the Canucks?” question.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 149
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (149)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)