Mar 22, 2012, 10:27 AM EDT
Jaden Schwartz — St. Louis’ first-round selection (14th overall) at the 2010 draft — has started his professional career in style. The 19-year-old forward scored in his NHL debut, Saturday’s 3-1 win over Tampa Bay, then scored again in his second-ever contest, last night’s 4-3 loss to Anaheim.
In case you’re wondering: No, not many players under the age of 20 have scored in their first two NHL games.
Nineteen year old Jaden Schwartz has scored a goal in each of his first two NHL games. The last teenager to score a goal in each of his first two career NHL games was Eric Lindros in October 1992.
The 19-year-old Lindros debuted on Philly’s “Crazy Eights” line — he (wearing No. 88) was alongside No. 8 Mark Recchi and No. 18 Brent Fedyk — and scored an unassisted goal in his first game, a 3-3 tie (remember those?) against Pittsburgh. The Big E then scored another unassisted goal the next time out, in a 6-4 win over the Devils.
Schwartz will get his chance for three-in-three tonight as the Blues take on the Kings at the Staples Center.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 5
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)