Mar 22, 2012, 10:27 AM EST
Jaden Schwartz — St. Louis’ first-round selection (14th overall) at the 2010 draft — has started his professional career in style. The 19-year-old forward scored in his NHL debut, Saturday’s 3-1 win over Tampa Bay, then scored again in his second-ever contest, last night’s 4-3 loss to Anaheim.
In case you’re wondering: No, not many players under the age of 20 have scored in their first two NHL games.
Nineteen year old Jaden Schwartz has scored a goal in each of his first two NHL games. The last teenager to score a goal in each of his first two career NHL games was Eric Lindros in October 1992.
The 19-year-old Lindros debuted on Philly’s “Crazy Eights” line — he (wearing No. 88) was alongside No. 8 Mark Recchi and No. 18 Brent Fedyk — and scored an unassisted goal in his first game, a 3-3 tie (remember those?) against Pittsburgh. The Big E then scored another unassisted goal the next time out, in a 6-4 win over the Devils.
Schwartz will get his chance for three-in-three tonight as the Blues take on the Kings at the Staples Center.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 6
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)