Mar 22, 2012, 10:27 AM EST
Jaden Schwartz — St. Louis’ first-round selection (14th overall) at the 2010 draft — has started his professional career in style. The 19-year-old forward scored in his NHL debut, Saturday’s 3-1 win over Tampa Bay, then scored again in his second-ever contest, last night’s 4-3 loss to Anaheim.
In case you’re wondering: No, not many players under the age of 20 have scored in their first two NHL games.
Nineteen year old Jaden Schwartz has scored a goal in each of his first two NHL games. The last teenager to score a goal in each of his first two career NHL games was Eric Lindros in October 1992.
The 19-year-old Lindros debuted on Philly’s “Crazy Eights” line — he (wearing No. 88) was alongside No. 8 Mark Recchi and No. 18 Brent Fedyk — and scored an unassisted goal in his first game, a 3-3 tie (remember those?) against Pittsburgh. The Big E then scored another unassisted goal the next time out, in a 6-4 win over the Devils.
Schwartz will get his chance for three-in-three tonight as the Blues take on the Kings at the Staples Center.
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 0
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 27
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 49
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)