Mar 22, 2012, 10:27 AM EDT
Jaden Schwartz — St. Louis’ first-round selection (14th overall) at the 2010 draft — has started his professional career in style. The 19-year-old forward scored in his NHL debut, Saturday’s 3-1 win over Tampa Bay, then scored again in his second-ever contest, last night’s 4-3 loss to Anaheim.
In case you’re wondering: No, not many players under the age of 20 have scored in their first two NHL games.
Nineteen year old Jaden Schwartz has scored a goal in each of his first two NHL games. The last teenager to score a goal in each of his first two career NHL games was Eric Lindros in October 1992.
The 19-year-old Lindros debuted on Philly’s “Crazy Eights” line — he (wearing No. 88) was alongside No. 8 Mark Recchi and No. 18 Brent Fedyk — and scored an unassisted goal in his first game, a 3-3 tie (remember those?) against Pittsburgh. The Big E then scored another unassisted goal the next time out, in a 6-4 win over the Devils.
Schwartz will get his chance for three-in-three tonight as the Blues take on the Kings at the Staples Center.
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 8
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)