Mar 22, 2012, 2:36 PM EST
It was a big night at the Wells Fargo Center on Wednesday.
For starters, the Atlantic Division-leading 76ers hosted the scorching New York Knicks and whatever’s left of Linsanity. So that was big.
There were also plenty of celebrities on hand, including 76ers minority owner/happyness pursuer Will Smith, filmmaker/Knicks fanatic Spike Lee and newly acquired Eagles linebacker DeMeco Ryans.
(Ryans is not the guy in the creamsicle shirt, in case you were wondering.)
(Sitting between them? Daniel Briere. /rimshot)
It proved to be a big night for Simmonds, who tweeted that he got to meet Smith during the contest.
It remains unclear if Hartnell was granted an audience with the Fresh Prince (or if he was reduced to hanging with Carlton), but if there are any further developments on that front, we’ll be sure to let you know.
PHT: Your home for NHLers and their brief forays into celebrity.
(h/t to Crossing Broad for the pics)
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 12
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 26
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 62
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 41
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (122)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)