Mar 22, 2012, 2:36 PM EDT
It was a big night at the Wells Fargo Center on Wednesday.
For starters, the Atlantic Division-leading 76ers hosted the scorching New York Knicks and whatever’s left of Linsanity. So that was big.
There were also plenty of celebrities on hand, including 76ers minority owner/happyness pursuer Will Smith, filmmaker/Knicks fanatic Spike Lee and newly acquired Eagles linebacker DeMeco Ryans.
(Ryans is not the guy in the creamsicle shirt, in case you were wondering.)
(Sitting between them? Daniel Briere. /rimshot)
It proved to be a big night for Simmonds, who tweeted that he got to meet Smith during the contest.
It remains unclear if Hartnell was granted an audience with the Fresh Prince (or if he was reduced to hanging with Carlton), but if there are any further developments on that front, we’ll be sure to let you know.
PHT: Your home for NHLers and their brief forays into celebrity.
(h/t to Crossing Broad for the pics)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)