Mar 22, 2012, 2:36 PM EDT
It was a big night at the Wells Fargo Center on Wednesday.
For starters, the Atlantic Division-leading 76ers hosted the scorching New York Knicks and whatever’s left of Linsanity. So that was big.
There were also plenty of celebrities on hand, including 76ers minority owner/happyness pursuer Will Smith, filmmaker/Knicks fanatic Spike Lee and newly acquired Eagles linebacker DeMeco Ryans.
(Ryans is not the guy in the creamsicle shirt, in case you were wondering.)
(Sitting between them? Daniel Briere. /rimshot)
It proved to be a big night for Simmonds, who tweeted that he got to meet Smith during the contest.
It remains unclear if Hartnell was granted an audience with the Fresh Prince (or if he was reduced to hanging with Carlton), but if there are any further developments on that front, we’ll be sure to let you know.
PHT: Your home for NHLers and their brief forays into celebrity.
(h/t to Crossing Broad for the pics)
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)