Mar 22, 2012, 2:36 PM EDT
It was a big night at the Wells Fargo Center on Wednesday.
For starters, the Atlantic Division-leading 76ers hosted the scorching New York Knicks and whatever’s left of Linsanity. So that was big.
There were also plenty of celebrities on hand, including 76ers minority owner/happyness pursuer Will Smith, filmmaker/Knicks fanatic Spike Lee and newly acquired Eagles linebacker DeMeco Ryans.
(Ryans is not the guy in the creamsicle shirt, in case you were wondering.)
(Sitting between them? Daniel Briere. /rimshot)
It proved to be a big night for Simmonds, who tweeted that he got to meet Smith during the contest.
It remains unclear if Hartnell was granted an audience with the Fresh Prince (or if he was reduced to hanging with Carlton), but if there are any further developments on that front, we’ll be sure to let you know.
PHT: Your home for NHLers and their brief forays into celebrity.
(h/t to Crossing Broad for the pics)
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)