Mar 22, 2012, 6:42 PM EDT
The New Jersey man accused of assaulting two New York Rangers fans after the Jan. 2 Winter Classic has been ordered to stand trial, reports the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Following a preliminary hearing, Municipal Court Judge Nazario Jimenez Jr. ordered Dennis Veteri, 32, of Glassboro, held on aggravated and simple assault, conspiracy and reckless endangerment in the brawl in which Neal Auricchio Jr., an off-duty Woodbridge, N.J., police officer, was beaten unconscious and seriously injured.
Jimenez heard testimony from Auricchio and friend Michael Janacko, who identified Veteri as among a group of Flyers fans who taunted and then assaulted them as they waited in line for steak sandwiches at Ninth Street and Passyunk Avenue.
We probably don’t need to revisit the whole story again, so here are some links if you somehow missed it.
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 0
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 2
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 7
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 66
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 63
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)