Mar 22, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
McKenzie reports Sedin will miss tonight’s contest in Dallas after being flown back to Vancouver for medical evaluation, and that Keith could be subjected to a disciplinary hearing as soon as Friday:
Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy confirmed McKenzie’s report, tweeting that Canucks assistant Laurence Gilman said Sedin was flying back to Vancouver today to meet with specialists.
Sedin was knocked out of Wednesday night’s affair after an elbow to the head from Keith late in the first period. The situation got more controversial after the game when Sedin’s brother, Henrik, claimed Keith made comments about getting even with Daniel for a hit earlier in the contest.
Sedin, 31, is Vancouver’s second-leading scorer this season (30G-37A-67PTS) and is the reigning Art Ross Trophy winner.
Update: McKenzie also notes that “when Keith’s disciplinary hearing is held, expected to be a phone hearing, so suspension, if levied, cannot exceed five games.”
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 64
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 29
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15