Mar 22, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
McKenzie reports Sedin will miss tonight’s contest in Dallas after being flown back to Vancouver for medical evaluation, and that Keith could be subjected to a disciplinary hearing as soon as Friday:
Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy confirmed McKenzie’s report, tweeting that Canucks assistant Laurence Gilman said Sedin was flying back to Vancouver today to meet with specialists.
Sedin was knocked out of Wednesday night’s affair after an elbow to the head from Keith late in the first period. The situation got more controversial after the game when Sedin’s brother, Henrik, claimed Keith made comments about getting even with Daniel for a hit earlier in the contest.
Sedin, 31, is Vancouver’s second-leading scorer this season (30G-37A-67PTS) and is the reigning Art Ross Trophy winner.
Update: McKenzie also notes that “when Keith’s disciplinary hearing is held, expected to be a phone hearing, so suspension, if levied, cannot exceed five games.”
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 11
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 12
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5