Mar 22, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
McKenzie reports Sedin will miss tonight’s contest in Dallas after being flown back to Vancouver for medical evaluation, and that Keith could be subjected to a disciplinary hearing as soon as Friday:
Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy confirmed McKenzie’s report, tweeting that Canucks assistant Laurence Gilman said Sedin was flying back to Vancouver today to meet with specialists.
Sedin was knocked out of Wednesday night’s affair after an elbow to the head from Keith late in the first period. The situation got more controversial after the game when Sedin’s brother, Henrik, claimed Keith made comments about getting even with Daniel for a hit earlier in the contest.
Sedin, 31, is Vancouver’s second-leading scorer this season (30G-37A-67PTS) and is the reigning Art Ross Trophy winner.
Update: McKenzie also notes that “when Keith’s disciplinary hearing is held, expected to be a phone hearing, so suspension, if levied, cannot exceed five games.”
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 5
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 3
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 9
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15