Mar 22, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
McKenzie reports Sedin will miss tonight’s contest in Dallas after being flown back to Vancouver for medical evaluation, and that Keith could be subjected to a disciplinary hearing as soon as Friday:
Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy confirmed McKenzie’s report, tweeting that Canucks assistant Laurence Gilman said Sedin was flying back to Vancouver today to meet with specialists.
Sedin was knocked out of Wednesday night’s affair after an elbow to the head from Keith late in the first period. The situation got more controversial after the game when Sedin’s brother, Henrik, claimed Keith made comments about getting even with Daniel for a hit earlier in the contest.
Sedin, 31, is Vancouver’s second-leading scorer this season (30G-37A-67PTS) and is the reigning Art Ross Trophy winner.
Update: McKenzie also notes that “when Keith’s disciplinary hearing is held, expected to be a phone hearing, so suspension, if levied, cannot exceed five games.”
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54