Mar 22, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
McKenzie reports Sedin will miss tonight’s contest in Dallas after being flown back to Vancouver for medical evaluation, and that Keith could be subjected to a disciplinary hearing as soon as Friday:
Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy confirmed McKenzie’s report, tweeting that Canucks assistant Laurence Gilman said Sedin was flying back to Vancouver today to meet with specialists.
Sedin was knocked out of Wednesday night’s affair after an elbow to the head from Keith late in the first period. The situation got more controversial after the game when Sedin’s brother, Henrik, claimed Keith made comments about getting even with Daniel for a hit earlier in the contest.
Sedin, 31, is Vancouver’s second-leading scorer this season (30G-37A-67PTS) and is the reigning Art Ross Trophy winner.
Update: McKenzie also notes that “when Keith’s disciplinary hearing is held, expected to be a phone hearing, so suspension, if levied, cannot exceed five games.”
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)