Mar 22, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Alexander Radulov will make his long-awaited return to the Nashville lineup tonight in Pittsburgh, according to multiple reports.
You know the story by now — Radulov had 26 goals and 32 assists with the Preds in 2007-08, after which he bolted to the KHL where he’s starred the past four seasons. But now he’s back in the NHL, and on a team that appears to be a contender for the Stanley Cup.
Nashville’s coming off a 6-3 home loss to the Oilers on Tuesday – a loss that coach Barry Trotz refused to pin on the hubbub surrounding Radulov’s return.
The Penguins, meanwhile, have a few players worth watching as well.
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 0
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 47
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 22
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 17
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 14
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)