Mar 22, 2012, 12:46 PM EST
Alexander Radulov will make his long-awaited return to the Nashville lineup tonight in Pittsburgh, according to multiple reports.
You know the story by now — Radulov had 26 goals and 32 assists with the Preds in 2007-08, after which he bolted to the KHL where he’s starred the past four seasons. But now he’s back in the NHL, and on a team that appears to be a contender for the Stanley Cup.
Nashville’s coming off a 6-3 home loss to the Oilers on Tuesday – a loss that coach Barry Trotz refused to pin on the hubbub surrounding Radulov’s return.
The Penguins, meanwhile, have a few players worth watching as well.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)