Mar 22, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Alexander Radulov will make his long-awaited return to the Nashville lineup tonight in Pittsburgh, according to multiple reports.
You know the story by now — Radulov had 26 goals and 32 assists with the Preds in 2007-08, after which he bolted to the KHL where he’s starred the past four seasons. But now he’s back in the NHL, and on a team that appears to be a contender for the Stanley Cup.
Nashville’s coming off a 6-3 home loss to the Oilers on Tuesday – a loss that coach Barry Trotz refused to pin on the hubbub surrounding Radulov’s return.
The Penguins, meanwhile, have a few players worth watching as well.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 46
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)