Mar 22, 2012, 2:36 PM EST
Craig “Ginsu” Anderson will be back in goal for the Senators when they visit Montreal Friday, reports Sportsnet.
Anderson hasn’t played in a month since cutting his hand with a kitchen knife, but he’s ready to go now.
“We didn’t know how the recovery was going to be and how quickly the strength would come back and the functionality of the finger,” he said today. “It’s hard to put a timeline on it, but obviously this is best-case scenario. We did everything in our power to make sure we pushed it so that I could be back as soon as possible.”
The Sens haven’t missed Anderson a whole bunch. Rookie Ben Bishop has been huge (pun absolutely intended) in relief , posting a 3-2-2 record with a 1.96 goals-against average and .925 save percentage.
Bishop will reportedly stick around as the Senators’ backup.
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 0
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 1
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)