Mar 22, 2012, 2:36 PM EDT
Craig “Ginsu” Anderson will be back in goal for the Senators when they visit Montreal Friday, reports Sportsnet.
Anderson hasn’t played in a month since cutting his hand with a kitchen knife, but he’s ready to go now.
“We didn’t know how the recovery was going to be and how quickly the strength would come back and the functionality of the finger,” he said today. “It’s hard to put a timeline on it, but obviously this is best-case scenario. We did everything in our power to make sure we pushed it so that I could be back as soon as possible.”
The Sens haven’t missed Anderson a whole bunch. Rookie Ben Bishop has been huge (pun absolutely intended) in relief , posting a 3-2-2 record with a 1.96 goals-against average and .925 save percentage.
Bishop will reportedly stick around as the Senators’ backup.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 8
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6