Mar 22, 2012, 2:36 PM EDT
Craig “Ginsu” Anderson will be back in goal for the Senators when they visit Montreal Friday, reports Sportsnet.
Anderson hasn’t played in a month since cutting his hand with a kitchen knife, but he’s ready to go now.
“We didn’t know how the recovery was going to be and how quickly the strength would come back and the functionality of the finger,” he said today. “It’s hard to put a timeline on it, but obviously this is best-case scenario. We did everything in our power to make sure we pushed it so that I could be back as soon as possible.”
The Sens haven’t missed Anderson a whole bunch. Rookie Ben Bishop has been huge (pun absolutely intended) in relief , posting a 3-2-2 record with a 1.96 goals-against average and .925 save percentage.
Bishop will reportedly stick around as the Senators’ backup.
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 4
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 24
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 34
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 18
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)