Mar 22, 2012, 2:36 PM EDT
Craig “Ginsu” Anderson will be back in goal for the Senators when they visit Montreal Friday, reports Sportsnet.
Anderson hasn’t played in a month since cutting his hand with a kitchen knife, but he’s ready to go now.
“We didn’t know how the recovery was going to be and how quickly the strength would come back and the functionality of the finger,” he said today. “It’s hard to put a timeline on it, but obviously this is best-case scenario. We did everything in our power to make sure we pushed it so that I could be back as soon as possible.”
The Sens haven’t missed Anderson a whole bunch. Rookie Ben Bishop has been huge (pun absolutely intended) in relief , posting a 3-2-2 record with a 1.96 goals-against average and .925 save percentage.
Bishop will reportedly stick around as the Senators’ backup.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 27
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 23
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 20
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22