Mar 22, 2012, 2:36 PM EDT
Craig “Ginsu” Anderson will be back in goal for the Senators when they visit Montreal Friday, reports Sportsnet.
Anderson hasn’t played in a month since cutting his hand with a kitchen knife, but he’s ready to go now.
“We didn’t know how the recovery was going to be and how quickly the strength would come back and the functionality of the finger,” he said today. “It’s hard to put a timeline on it, but obviously this is best-case scenario. We did everything in our power to make sure we pushed it so that I could be back as soon as possible.”
The Sens haven’t missed Anderson a whole bunch. Rookie Ben Bishop has been huge (pun absolutely intended) in relief , posting a 3-2-2 record with a 1.96 goals-against average and .925 save percentage.
Bishop will reportedly stick around as the Senators’ backup.
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 0
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 7
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 11
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 51
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 25
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)