Mar 22, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings have been in a freefall lately, but they could get some desperately needed help on Saturday. As previously reported, Nicklas Lidstrom might be able to return from ankle injury Saturday, and now it looks like starting goaltender Jimmy Howard might join him.
“That’s a realistic goal,” said Howard. “I want to be out there. I don’t enjoy sitting out and watching games. I’d rather be out there with the guys.”
Howard is dealing with a tight groin, but the good news is that a recent MRI revealed no damage.
Detroit has struggled to battle through their recent rash of injuries, but it looks like the worst might be over.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 33
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 23
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 66
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (66)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)