Mar 22, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings have been in a freefall lately, but they could get some desperately needed help on Saturday. As previously reported, Nicklas Lidstrom might be able to return from ankle injury Saturday, and now it looks like starting goaltender Jimmy Howard might join him.
“That’s a realistic goal,” said Howard. “I want to be out there. I don’t enjoy sitting out and watching games. I’d rather be out there with the guys.”
Howard is dealing with a tight groin, but the good news is that a recent MRI revealed no damage.
Detroit has struggled to battle through their recent rash of injuries, but it looks like the worst might be over.
- Report: Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 4
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 23
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 35
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24