Mar 22, 2012, 8:45 AM EST
The Detroit Red Wings have been in a freefall lately, but they could get some desperately needed help on Saturday. As previously reported, Nicklas Lidstrom might be able to return from ankle injury Saturday, and now it looks like starting goaltender Jimmy Howard might join him.
“That’s a realistic goal,” said Howard. “I want to be out there. I don’t enjoy sitting out and watching games. I’d rather be out there with the guys.”
Howard is dealing with a tight groin, but the good news is that a recent MRI revealed no damage.
Detroit has struggled to battle through their recent rash of injuries, but it looks like the worst might be over.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 27
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 83
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (83)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)