Mar 22, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings have been in a freefall lately, but they could get some desperately needed help on Saturday. As previously reported, Nicklas Lidstrom might be able to return from ankle injury Saturday, and now it looks like starting goaltender Jimmy Howard might join him.
“That’s a realistic goal,” said Howard. “I want to be out there. I don’t enjoy sitting out and watching games. I’d rather be out there with the guys.”
Howard is dealing with a tight groin, but the good news is that a recent MRI revealed no damage.
Detroit has struggled to battle through their recent rash of injuries, but it looks like the worst might be over.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 30
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 8
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (30)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)