Mar 22, 2012, 8:45 AM EST
The Detroit Red Wings have been in a freefall lately, but they could get some desperately needed help on Saturday. As previously reported, Nicklas Lidstrom might be able to return from ankle injury Saturday, and now it looks like starting goaltender Jimmy Howard might join him.
“That’s a realistic goal,” said Howard. “I want to be out there. I don’t enjoy sitting out and watching games. I’d rather be out there with the guys.”
Howard is dealing with a tight groin, but the good news is that a recent MRI revealed no damage.
Detroit has struggled to battle through their recent rash of injuries, but it looks like the worst might be over.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 28
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)