Mar 22, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
The conventional wisdom following the Cody Hodgson trade was that he would get a boost in offensive production as a result of the move. After all, he was going from Vancouver, where he averaged just 12:44 minutes per game, to a city that was interested in giving him much more responsibility.
Hodgson has gotten significantly more playing time with the Sabres, but he was pointless in his first 10 contests with the club. However, he’s started to make up for lost time lately with two assists on Monday and two goals on Wednesday. You can watch his first goal in Buffalo Sabres’ uniform below.
Hodgson’s wraparound goal proved to be the game winner in a 3-0 victory against Montreal. Those two points put Buffalo in a tie with Washington for eighth place in the Eastern Conference, although Washington has played in one less game. Buffalo has a critical game coming up against the Capitals on Tuesday.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 11
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 12
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 66
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 89
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)