Mar 22, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
The conventional wisdom following the Cody Hodgson trade was that he would get a boost in offensive production as a result of the move. After all, he was going from Vancouver, where he averaged just 12:44 minutes per game, to a city that was interested in giving him much more responsibility.
Hodgson has gotten significantly more playing time with the Sabres, but he was pointless in his first 10 contests with the club. However, he’s started to make up for lost time lately with two assists on Monday and two goals on Wednesday. You can watch his first goal in Buffalo Sabres’ uniform below.
Hodgson’s wraparound goal proved to be the game winner in a 3-0 victory against Montreal. Those two points put Buffalo in a tie with Washington for eighth place in the Eastern Conference, although Washington has played in one less game. Buffalo has a critical game coming up against the Capitals on Tuesday.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)