Mar 22, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
The conventional wisdom following the Cody Hodgson trade was that he would get a boost in offensive production as a result of the move. After all, he was going from Vancouver, where he averaged just 12:44 minutes per game, to a city that was interested in giving him much more responsibility.
Hodgson has gotten significantly more playing time with the Sabres, but he was pointless in his first 10 contests with the club. However, he’s started to make up for lost time lately with two assists on Monday and two goals on Wednesday. You can watch his first goal in Buffalo Sabres’ uniform below.
Hodgson’s wraparound goal proved to be the game winner in a 3-0 victory against Montreal. Those two points put Buffalo in a tie with Washington for eighth place in the Eastern Conference, although Washington has played in one less game. Buffalo has a critical game coming up against the Capitals on Tuesday.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 1
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55