Mar 22, 2012, 9:30 AM EST
The conventional wisdom following the Cody Hodgson trade was that he would get a boost in offensive production as a result of the move. After all, he was going from Vancouver, where he averaged just 12:44 minutes per game, to a city that was interested in giving him much more responsibility.
Hodgson has gotten significantly more playing time with the Sabres, but he was pointless in his first 10 contests with the club. However, he’s started to make up for lost time lately with two assists on Monday and two goals on Wednesday. You can watch his first goal in Buffalo Sabres’ uniform below.
Hodgson’s wraparound goal proved to be the game winner in a 3-0 victory against Montreal. Those two points put Buffalo in a tie with Washington for eighth place in the Eastern Conference, although Washington has played in one less game. Buffalo has a critical game coming up against the Capitals on Tuesday.
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 16
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 5
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 14
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)