Mar 22, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
The conventional wisdom following the Cody Hodgson trade was that he would get a boost in offensive production as a result of the move. After all, he was going from Vancouver, where he averaged just 12:44 minutes per game, to a city that was interested in giving him much more responsibility.
Hodgson has gotten significantly more playing time with the Sabres, but he was pointless in his first 10 contests with the club. However, he’s started to make up for lost time lately with two assists on Monday and two goals on Wednesday. You can watch his first goal in Buffalo Sabres’ uniform below.
Hodgson’s wraparound goal proved to be the game winner in a 3-0 victory against Montreal. Those two points put Buffalo in a tie with Washington for eighth place in the Eastern Conference, although Washington has played in one less game. Buffalo has a critical game coming up against the Capitals on Tuesday.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 24
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 51
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 9
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)