Mar 21, 2012, 1:36 PM EDT
The playoffs are out of the question for the Minnesota Wild, but they’ll get to play spoiler with their captain once again.
Michael Russo of The Star Tribune reports Mikko Koivu will return to the Wild lineup Thursday night against Calgary. Koivu has missed 23 of the team’s last 27 games and 15 straight thanks to a shoulder injury he bravely/foolishly tried to ignore.
Since going out of the lineup for good on February 16, the Wild have gone 5-10-0 in that span. The Wild’s second half of the season has been nothing but misery and it’s crazy to think back to mid-December when this team was sitting in first place in the Western Conference. Now they sit in 13th place just four points ahead of the Edmonton Oilers.
- Video: Drouin scores first NHL goal, shows early chemistry with Stamkos 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 14
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 18
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 18
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)