Mar 21, 2012, 1:36 PM EST
The playoffs are out of the question for the Minnesota Wild, but they’ll get to play spoiler with their captain once again.
Michael Russo of The Star Tribune reports Mikko Koivu will return to the Wild lineup Thursday night against Calgary. Koivu has missed 23 of the team’s last 27 games and 15 straight thanks to a shoulder injury he bravely/foolishly tried to ignore.
Since going out of the lineup for good on February 16, the Wild have gone 5-10-0 in that span. The Wild’s second half of the season has been nothing but misery and it’s crazy to think back to mid-December when this team was sitting in first place in the Western Conference. Now they sit in 13th place just four points ahead of the Edmonton Oilers.
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)