Mar 21, 2012, 1:36 PM EDT
The playoffs are out of the question for the Minnesota Wild, but they’ll get to play spoiler with their captain once again.
Michael Russo of The Star Tribune reports Mikko Koivu will return to the Wild lineup Thursday night against Calgary. Koivu has missed 23 of the team’s last 27 games and 15 straight thanks to a shoulder injury he bravely/foolishly tried to ignore.
Since going out of the lineup for good on February 16, the Wild have gone 5-10-0 in that span. The Wild’s second half of the season has been nothing but misery and it’s crazy to think back to mid-December when this team was sitting in first place in the Western Conference. Now they sit in 13th place just four points ahead of the Edmonton Oilers.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 9
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 10
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 81
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (81)