Mar 21, 2012, 1:36 PM EST
The playoffs are out of the question for the Minnesota Wild, but they’ll get to play spoiler with their captain once again.
Michael Russo of The Star Tribune reports Mikko Koivu will return to the Wild lineup Thursday night against Calgary. Koivu has missed 23 of the team’s last 27 games and 15 straight thanks to a shoulder injury he bravely/foolishly tried to ignore.
Since going out of the lineup for good on February 16, the Wild have gone 5-10-0 in that span. The Wild’s second half of the season has been nothing but misery and it’s crazy to think back to mid-December when this team was sitting in first place in the Western Conference. Now they sit in 13th place just four points ahead of the Edmonton Oilers.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (146)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)