Mar 21, 2012, 1:36 PM EST
The playoffs are out of the question for the Minnesota Wild, but they’ll get to play spoiler with their captain once again.
Michael Russo of The Star Tribune reports Mikko Koivu will return to the Wild lineup Thursday night against Calgary. Koivu has missed 23 of the team’s last 27 games and 15 straight thanks to a shoulder injury he bravely/foolishly tried to ignore.
Since going out of the lineup for good on February 16, the Wild have gone 5-10-0 in that span. The Wild’s second half of the season has been nothing but misery and it’s crazy to think back to mid-December when this team was sitting in first place in the Western Conference. Now they sit in 13th place just four points ahead of the Edmonton Oilers.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11