Mar 21, 2012, 11:39 AM EST
It’s about time we got on the Peyton Manning bandwagon here at PHT. Lord knows how many clicks we’ve been sacrificing by not mentioning his name. So with that in mind, we’d like to report the Colorado Avalanche are just fine with the Broncos’ new quarterback hogging all the headlines in Denver.
“It was a pretty good run by [Tim] Tebow and the city was going crazy with all those last-minute plays, all those last-minute wins,” said Ryan Wilson, as per the Calgary Herald (the Flames were in town last night). “Now they’re getting a proven quarterback in here with Peyton. It’s kind of weird how things turn around like that. It’s going to be exciting. It’s going to be a different game — there’s going to be points scored in the first half, not just the last two minutes.”
Added Cody McLeod: “It could be a positive, too. Instead of always opening the paper and hearing how bad you’re doing — it can get tough like that — so, no, I don’t mind it.”
Of course, the Avs aren’t doing “bad”; they beat the Flames, 2-1, in overtime – their seventh win in nine games – and moved into 7th in the Western Conference.
Thursday they’re in Phoenix for a huge game against the Coyotes, who sit just one point behind them in the standings.
And just to get some other popular Google searches in the post: mega millions winning numbers, Hines Ward, Kim Zolciak, and Illinois primary 2012.
PS – Visit ProFootballTalk for all the latest NFL news. It’s a real up-and-coming blog. Thought we’d throw it some traffic.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 7
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 8
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)