Mar 21, 2012, 11:39 AM EDT
It’s about time we got on the Peyton Manning bandwagon here at PHT. Lord knows how many clicks we’ve been sacrificing by not mentioning his name. So with that in mind, we’d like to report the Colorado Avalanche are just fine with the Broncos’ new quarterback hogging all the headlines in Denver.
“It was a pretty good run by [Tim] Tebow and the city was going crazy with all those last-minute plays, all those last-minute wins,” said Ryan Wilson, as per the Calgary Herald (the Flames were in town last night). “Now they’re getting a proven quarterback in here with Peyton. It’s kind of weird how things turn around like that. It’s going to be exciting. It’s going to be a different game — there’s going to be points scored in the first half, not just the last two minutes.”
Added Cody McLeod: “It could be a positive, too. Instead of always opening the paper and hearing how bad you’re doing — it can get tough like that — so, no, I don’t mind it.”
Of course, the Avs aren’t doing “bad”; they beat the Flames, 2-1, in overtime – their seventh win in nine games – and moved into 7th in the Western Conference.
Thursday they’re in Phoenix for a huge game against the Coyotes, who sit just one point behind them in the standings.
And just to get some other popular Google searches in the post: mega millions winning numbers, Hines Ward, Kim Zolciak, and Illinois primary 2012.
PS – Visit ProFootballTalk for all the latest NFL news. It’s a real up-and-coming blog. Thought we’d throw it some traffic.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)