Mar 21, 2012, 11:39 AM EST
It’s about time we got on the Peyton Manning bandwagon here at PHT. Lord knows how many clicks we’ve been sacrificing by not mentioning his name. So with that in mind, we’d like to report the Colorado Avalanche are just fine with the Broncos’ new quarterback hogging all the headlines in Denver.
“It was a pretty good run by [Tim] Tebow and the city was going crazy with all those last-minute plays, all those last-minute wins,” said Ryan Wilson, as per the Calgary Herald (the Flames were in town last night). “Now they’re getting a proven quarterback in here with Peyton. It’s kind of weird how things turn around like that. It’s going to be exciting. It’s going to be a different game — there’s going to be points scored in the first half, not just the last two minutes.”
Added Cody McLeod: “It could be a positive, too. Instead of always opening the paper and hearing how bad you’re doing — it can get tough like that — so, no, I don’t mind it.”
Of course, the Avs aren’t doing “bad”; they beat the Flames, 2-1, in overtime – their seventh win in nine games – and moved into 7th in the Western Conference.
Thursday they’re in Phoenix for a huge game against the Coyotes, who sit just one point behind them in the standings.
And just to get some other popular Google searches in the post: mega millions winning numbers, Hines Ward, Kim Zolciak, and Illinois primary 2012.
PS – Visit ProFootballTalk for all the latest NFL news. It’s a real up-and-coming blog. Thought we’d throw it some traffic.
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 2
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 30
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)