Mar 21, 2012, 11:39 AM EDT
It’s about time we got on the Peyton Manning bandwagon here at PHT. Lord knows how many clicks we’ve been sacrificing by not mentioning his name. So with that in mind, we’d like to report the Colorado Avalanche are just fine with the Broncos’ new quarterback hogging all the headlines in Denver.
“It was a pretty good run by [Tim] Tebow and the city was going crazy with all those last-minute plays, all those last-minute wins,” said Ryan Wilson, as per the Calgary Herald (the Flames were in town last night). “Now they’re getting a proven quarterback in here with Peyton. It’s kind of weird how things turn around like that. It’s going to be exciting. It’s going to be a different game — there’s going to be points scored in the first half, not just the last two minutes.”
Added Cody McLeod: “It could be a positive, too. Instead of always opening the paper and hearing how bad you’re doing — it can get tough like that — so, no, I don’t mind it.”
Of course, the Avs aren’t doing “bad”; they beat the Flames, 2-1, in overtime – their seventh win in nine games – and moved into 7th in the Western Conference.
Thursday they’re in Phoenix for a huge game against the Coyotes, who sit just one point behind them in the standings.
And just to get some other popular Google searches in the post: mega millions winning numbers, Hines Ward, Kim Zolciak, and Illinois primary 2012.
PS – Visit ProFootballTalk for all the latest NFL news. It’s a real up-and-coming blog. Thought we’d throw it some traffic.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 67
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 32
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona