Mar 21, 2012, 9:12 AM EST
Sidney Crosby‘s return to action has been impressive to watch but the one thing we’ve yet to see Crosby do is score a goal.
Crosby hasn’t scored a goal on anyone not named Anders Nilsson this season and while that might be a point of contention for some, the way the Penguins have played this season has made his comeback seamless. Crosby has nine assists since returning last week against the Rangers including four against Winnipeg last night and the crazy thing here is the Penguins don’t need Crosby to score goals to succeed.
James Neal is having a career-best season playing alongside Evgeni Malkin. Malkin, meanwhile, is over 40 goals this year and well on his way to winning the league MVP. Even the Penguins’ secondary stars are having career years.
Pascal Dupuis has potted a career-best 21 goals while Matt Cooke has a career-high 16. Throw in Jordan Staal and Chris Kunitz with their 21 goals and you’ve got an offense as deep as any in the league.
Just think of how tough the Penguins are going to be when Crosby gets his goal scoring touch back.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- In praise of the Hamburglar 7
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 9
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)