Mar 21, 2012, 1:16 PM EDT
If the Capitals can hold on to a playoff spot, it’s looking more and more like they could have a huge piece of their roster back for the first round.
Coach Dale Hunter told reporters today that Nicklas Backstrom (concussion) is going to ramp up his rehab efforts next week.
“He’s going to do more and more,” Hunter said, as per the Washington Post. “You’ll see, next week he’s going to do more.”
“More and more” might include practicing with teammates. (Though based on Hunter’s evil-sounding “you’ll see” remark, it might also include taking over the world with a laser-based weapon.)
Backstrom hasn’t played since Jan. 3. He had 42 points in 39 games before getting elbowed by Rene Bourque.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (61)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)