Mar 21, 2012, 1:16 PM EDT
If the Capitals can hold on to a playoff spot, it’s looking more and more like they could have a huge piece of their roster back for the first round.
Coach Dale Hunter told reporters today that Nicklas Backstrom (concussion) is going to ramp up his rehab efforts next week.
“He’s going to do more and more,” Hunter said, as per the Washington Post. “You’ll see, next week he’s going to do more.”
“More and more” might include practicing with teammates. (Though based on Hunter’s evil-sounding “you’ll see” remark, it might also include taking over the world with a laser-based weapon.)
Backstrom hasn’t played since Jan. 3. He had 42 points in 39 games before getting elbowed by Rene Bourque.
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 0
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 27
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 44
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)