Mar 21, 2012, 10:52 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings don’t come to Madison Square Garden very often, so it was a special game for the New York Rangers even if the Red Wings hobbled into the building. Ryan Callahan scored in overtime to give the Rangers a 2-1 OT win, bumping the team’s Atlantic Division lead to three points.
Check out that winner and the rest of the highlights below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Rangers are now at 99 points, putting them three ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins. While Pittsburgh holds one more game in hand, New York has the benefit of holding tiebreaker advantages.
It’s an important win for the Blueshirts and while the Red Wings remain in playoff position, the banged-up bunch can’t be feeling great right now. Detroit is now on a six-game losing streak (0-4-2) and a disturbing 3-8-3 slump in their last 14 games.
The Red Wings might just drop to sixth place in the West soon, but considering the up-and-down Pacific Division, facing its winner might just be a blessing in disguise for the battered group.
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 5
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 32
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 107
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7