Mar 20, 2012, 10:34 PM EDT
Before the Phoenix Coyotes-Dallas Stars game, “NHL Live” spotlighted the Shane Doan many hockey fans know and admire: a hard-working and loyal captain. Still, he plays a rugged style, and being a nice guy might not be enough after tonight’s high-profile hit.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Doan will probably sidestep some of Brendan Shanahan’s wrath because Benn doesn’t appear injured, although another big hit in the third period by Derek Morris complicates matters for the Stars’ standout.
Anyway, the early Twitter buzz was pretty negative toward Doan, but what’s your take? Does he deserve another fine, a suspension or just the elbowing penalty he received? If you say suspension, then for how long?
Oh yeah, and after Doan created the turnover and assisted on Ray Whitney‘s 3-3 goal, how many Stars fans are angry that the Coyotes captain didn’t get booted from the game?
Bonus: here’s a taste of the gentler side of Doan, in video form:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (87)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)