Mar 20, 2012, 10:34 PM EDT
Before the Phoenix Coyotes-Dallas Stars game, “NHL Live” spotlighted the Shane Doan many hockey fans know and admire: a hard-working and loyal captain. Still, he plays a rugged style, and being a nice guy might not be enough after tonight’s high-profile hit.
Doan will probably sidestep some of Brendan Shanahan’s wrath because Benn doesn’t appear injured, although another big hit in the third period by Derek Morris complicates matters for the Stars’ standout.
Anyway, the early Twitter buzz was pretty negative toward Doan, but what’s your take? Does he deserve another fine, a suspension or just the elbowing penalty he received? If you say suspension, then for how long?
Oh yeah, and after Doan created the turnover and assisted on Ray Whitney‘s 3-3 goal, how many Stars fans are angry that the Coyotes captain didn’t get booted from the game?
Bonus: here’s a taste of the gentler side of Doan, in video form:
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 16
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 41
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 91
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 79
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL