Mar 20, 2012, 10:34 PM EST
Before the Phoenix Coyotes-Dallas Stars game, “NHL Live” spotlighted the Shane Doan many hockey fans know and admire: a hard-working and loyal captain. Still, he plays a rugged style, and being a nice guy might not be enough after tonight’s high-profile hit.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Doan will probably sidestep some of Brendan Shanahan’s wrath because Benn doesn’t appear injured, although another big hit in the third period by Derek Morris complicates matters for the Stars’ standout.
Anyway, the early Twitter buzz was pretty negative toward Doan, but what’s your take? Does he deserve another fine, a suspension or just the elbowing penalty he received? If you say suspension, then for how long?
Oh yeah, and after Doan created the turnover and assisted on Ray Whitney‘s 3-3 goal, how many Stars fans are angry that the Coyotes captain didn’t get booted from the game?
Bonus: here’s a taste of the gentler side of Doan, in video form:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 10
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 27
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)