Mar 20, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby wasn’t afraid to admit to Paul Friesen that he thinks that the atmosphere at Winnipeg Jets games seems “awesome.” That being said, he wonders if the spirited fans at MTS Centre might want to re-think what they yell after “Jordan’s better” chants seemingly only pushed Eric Staal to generate a late regulation loss for the desperate Jets.
“I think they were saying Jordan’s better. If anything, that probably motivated Eric a little bit. He ended up having a good game. You never know how that works out.”
Crosby has his own experience with making offending fans pay. Philadelphia Flyers fans might always jump into “Crosby sucks” chants, yet the Pittsburgh Penguins center has shredded the Flyers on many occasions – including two playoff series.
Even so, Crosby won’t offer an extensive critique of Jets or Flyers fans.
“They’re both trying to help their team and get on the opposing players,” Crosby said. “I’m not going to sit here and critique somebody’s heckling ability. The main thing is they’re pretty passionate fans.”
Jets fans might want to change their course when they see him, though – so far Crosby has two assists through a single period of wide-open play in Pittsburgh.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 22
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 12
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54