Mar 20, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby wasn’t afraid to admit to Paul Friesen that he thinks that the atmosphere at Winnipeg Jets games seems “awesome.” That being said, he wonders if the spirited fans at MTS Centre might want to re-think what they yell after “Jordan’s better” chants seemingly only pushed Eric Staal to generate a late regulation loss for the desperate Jets.
“I think they were saying Jordan’s better. If anything, that probably motivated Eric a little bit. He ended up having a good game. You never know how that works out.”
Crosby has his own experience with making offending fans pay. Philadelphia Flyers fans might always jump into “Crosby sucks” chants, yet the Pittsburgh Penguins center has shredded the Flyers on many occasions – including two playoff series.
Even so, Crosby won’t offer an extensive critique of Jets or Flyers fans.
“They’re both trying to help their team and get on the opposing players,” Crosby said. “I’m not going to sit here and critique somebody’s heckling ability. The main thing is they’re pretty passionate fans.”
Jets fans might want to change their course when they see him, though – so far Crosby has two assists through a single period of wide-open play in Pittsburgh.
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 3
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 17
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 52
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)