Mar 20, 2012, 12:30 PM EST
The Red Wings have had enough problems of late over the last month but after Jimmy Howard returned from his groin injury a couple weeks ago, they felt they could at least relax about matters in goal.
That is until today when Ansar Khan of Mlive.com reported that Howard’s groin is acting up again and that the team has put Ty Conklin on re-entry waivers. Khan reports from Wings GM Ken Holland that Howard’s injury is day-to-day and that it isn’t serious. If Conklin clears waivers, he will join the team in New York where they’ll take on the Rangers tomorrow night (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN).
The Wings were already dealing with Joey MacDonald being bothered by a bad back and have Jordan Pearce up in place of him already. With Conklin on the way back to the team and Howard out for any amount of time, it’s up to Conklin to try and keep the Red Wings in fourth place in the Western Conference. That’s an unenviable task for anyone.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)