Mar 20, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
The Red Wings have had enough problems of late over the last month but after Jimmy Howard returned from his groin injury a couple weeks ago, they felt they could at least relax about matters in goal.
That is until today when Ansar Khan of Mlive.com reported that Howard’s groin is acting up again and that the team has put Ty Conklin on re-entry waivers. Khan reports from Wings GM Ken Holland that Howard’s injury is day-to-day and that it isn’t serious. If Conklin clears waivers, he will join the team in New York where they’ll take on the Rangers tomorrow night (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN).
The Wings were already dealing with Joey MacDonald being bothered by a bad back and have Jordan Pearce up in place of him already. With Conklin on the way back to the team and Howard out for any amount of time, it’s up to Conklin to try and keep the Red Wings in fourth place in the Western Conference. That’s an unenviable task for anyone.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)