Mar 20, 2012, 4:14 PM EDT
Following last night’s New York vs. New Jersey line brawl, Devils tough guy Cam Janssen shared his thoughts on a variety of subjects. Have a look…
A few thoughts:
— At the beginning of the interview, Janssen’s referring to Rangers defenseman Stu Bickel taking the opening faceoff and fighting New Jersey’s Ryan Carter (aka “Carts”.) Janssen figured that Bickel, who hasn’t taken a faceoff this year, was filling in for Rangers center Brandon Dubinsky, who fought Carter back on Mar. 6:
As you can see, that scrap didn’t go especially well for Dubi — he was actually knocked out of action with a “sinus problem.”
— “Him and Carts kicked the hell out of each other. It was great. Carts loves it, he’s got a nice gash over his forehead, it looks awesome,” Janssen said, before cutting the sleeves off his Gold’s Gym t-shirt and blaring the new Puddle of Mudd CD.
–Highly underrated moment? When Janssen says, “If you were there, you would’ve felt the energy.” Uh, Cam, the reporter is standing next to you for postgame interviews. He’s been there the whole time. Not like he just flew in from Des Moines.
In closing, here’s hoping the Rangers and Devils meet in the playoffs.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5