Mar 20, 2012, 4:14 PM EDT
Following last night’s New York vs. New Jersey line brawl, Devils tough guy Cam Janssen shared his thoughts on a variety of subjects. Have a look…
A few thoughts:
– At the beginning of the interview, Janssen’s referring to Rangers defenseman Stu Bickel taking the opening faceoff and fighting New Jersey’s Ryan Carter (aka “Carts”.) Janssen figured that Bickel, who hasn’t taken a faceoff this year, was filling in for Rangers center Brandon Dubinsky, who fought Carter back on Mar. 6:
As you can see, that scrap didn’t go especially well for Dubi — he was actually knocked out of action with a “sinus problem.”
– “Him and Carts kicked the hell out of each other. It was great. Carts loves it, he’s got a nice gash over his forehead, it looks awesome,” Janssen said, before cutting the sleeves off his Gold’s Gym t-shirt and blaring the new Puddle of Mudd CD.
–Highly underrated moment? When Janssen says, “If you were there, you would’ve felt the energy.” Uh, Cam, the reporter is standing next to you for postgame interviews. He’s been there the whole time. Not like he just flew in from Des Moines.
In closing, here’s hoping the Rangers and Devils meet in the playoffs.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)