Mar 20, 2012, 3:20 PM EDT
Good news on the injury front for the reeling Red Wings – captain Nicklas Lidstrom skated for the second straight day today and could be back in action by the weekend.
“We’re hopeful he might be ready Saturday [at home to Carolina],” said coach Mike Babcock, as per The Detroit News.
Lidstrom’s missed the last 10 games with a bruised ankle that’s taken longer to heal than first expected. The Wings are 3-6-1 during that stretch, and while they’ve had numerous other injuries to contend with, it’s clear they’re not the same team without their 41-year-old defenseman. Which doesn’t bode particularly well for their future, but they’ll worry about that later.
“We can’t sit around feeling sorry for ourselves. We’re not going anywhere that way,” defenseman Niklas Kronwall said yesterday after Detroit fell, 5-3, at home to the Capitals. “We have to find a way to come together as a group and move forward, still try to think positive, see things positive.”
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21