Mar 20, 2012, 11:41 PM EDT
Excuse the clunky Elvis reference, but for fans of the NHL as a whole, it’s hard not to get excited about Alexander Radulov’s return to Nashville. Dmitry Chesnokov provides this tantalizing update: he’ll take a physical tonight and should participate in the Predators’ morning skate on Wednesday.
Long story short, you can almost pencil him in to play for the Predators against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Thursday, which seems fitting as it will place Sidney Crosby‘s even-bigger comeback at the one-week mark.
If that holds true and Radulov manages to play in the remaining regular season games, he’ll have nine contests to get acquainted with teammates and try to find his groove with linemates. That’s not a ton of time, but on the bright side, Radulov does have some roots with the organization after scoring 95 points in 145 games for Nashville 2006-07 through 07-08.
It should be fascinating to watch and, yes, you might as well go ahead and add him to your fantasy teams right now. (We won’t judge – much.)
Update: here is a photo of Radulov arriving in Nashville – and looking quite happy – via the Predators’ PR staff:
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)