Mar 20, 2012, 11:41 PM EDT
Excuse the clunky Elvis reference, but for fans of the NHL as a whole, it’s hard not to get excited about Alexander Radulov’s return to Nashville. Dmitry Chesnokov provides this tantalizing update: he’ll take a physical tonight and should participate in the Predators’ morning skate on Wednesday.
Long story short, you can almost pencil him in to play for the Predators against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Thursday, which seems fitting as it will place Sidney Crosby‘s even-bigger comeback at the one-week mark.
If that holds true and Radulov manages to play in the remaining regular season games, he’ll have nine contests to get acquainted with teammates and try to find his groove with linemates. That’s not a ton of time, but on the bright side, Radulov does have some roots with the organization after scoring 95 points in 145 games for Nashville 2006-07 through 07-08.
It should be fascinating to watch and, yes, you might as well go ahead and add him to your fantasy teams right now. (We won’t judge – much.)
Update: here is a photo of Radulov arriving in Nashville – and looking quite happy – via the Predators’ PR staff:
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 16
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 52
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)