Mar 20, 2012, 11:41 PM EDT
Excuse the clunky Elvis reference, but for fans of the NHL as a whole, it’s hard not to get excited about Alexander Radulov’s return to Nashville. Dmitry Chesnokov provides this tantalizing update: he’ll take a physical tonight and should participate in the Predators’ morning skate on Wednesday.
Long story short, you can almost pencil him in to play for the Predators against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Thursday, which seems fitting as it will place Sidney Crosby‘s even-bigger comeback at the one-week mark.
If that holds true and Radulov manages to play in the remaining regular season games, he’ll have nine contests to get acquainted with teammates and try to find his groove with linemates. That’s not a ton of time, but on the bright side, Radulov does have some roots with the organization after scoring 95 points in 145 games for Nashville 2006-07 through 07-08.
It should be fascinating to watch and, yes, you might as well go ahead and add him to your fantasy teams right now. (We won’t judge – much.)
Update: here is a photo of Radulov arriving in Nashville – and looking quite happy – via the Predators’ PR staff:
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 5
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 2
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 11
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2