Mar 20, 2012, 11:41 PM EST
Excuse the clunky Elvis reference, but for fans of the NHL as a whole, it’s hard not to get excited about Alexander Radulov’s return to Nashville. Dmitry Chesnokov provides this tantalizing update: he’ll take a physical tonight and should participate in the Predators’ morning skate on Wednesday.
Long story short, you can almost pencil him in to play for the Predators against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Thursday, which seems fitting as it will place Sidney Crosby‘s even-bigger comeback at the one-week mark.
If that holds true and Radulov manages to play in the remaining regular season games, he’ll have nine contests to get acquainted with teammates and try to find his groove with linemates. That’s not a ton of time, but on the bright side, Radulov does have some roots with the organization after scoring 95 points in 145 games for Nashville 2006-07 through 07-08.
It should be fascinating to watch and, yes, you might as well go ahead and add him to your fantasy teams right now. (We won’t judge – much.)
Update: here is a photo of Radulov arriving in Nashville – and looking quite happy – via the Predators’ PR staff:
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 40
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)