Mar 20, 2012, 11:41 PM EST
Excuse the clunky Elvis reference, but for fans of the NHL as a whole, it’s hard not to get excited about Alexander Radulov’s return to Nashville. Dmitry Chesnokov provides this tantalizing update: he’ll take a physical tonight and should participate in the Predators’ morning skate on Wednesday.
Long story short, you can almost pencil him in to play for the Predators against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Thursday, which seems fitting as it will place Sidney Crosby‘s even-bigger comeback at the one-week mark.
If that holds true and Radulov manages to play in the remaining regular season games, he’ll have nine contests to get acquainted with teammates and try to find his groove with linemates. That’s not a ton of time, but on the bright side, Radulov does have some roots with the organization after scoring 95 points in 145 games for Nashville 2006-07 through 07-08.
It should be fascinating to watch and, yes, you might as well go ahead and add him to your fantasy teams right now. (We won’t judge – much.)
Update: here is a photo of Radulov arriving in Nashville – and looking quite happy – via the Predators’ PR staff:
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 0
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 1
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 4
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 20
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8