Mar 19, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
That was a quick call for the league. After showing you Zach Bogosian‘s leaping charge on Carolina’s Andreas Nodl and wondering if it would lead to a suspension, TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports there won’t be any supplementary discipline for Bogosian for the hit.
Amazingly, this wasn’t Bogosian’s first dance with the league when it comes to questionable hits. There were two other plays this season in which Bogosian was scrutinized for iffy play with an elbow to Cody Eakin as well as a hit from behind on Minnesota’s Pierre-Marc Bouchard.
The odd part of all this is that in the eyes of the league Bogosian will continue to have a clean record. You would have to suspect that Bogosian avoided a suspension this time around because he was given a five-minute major and a game misconduct for charging Nodl (Nodl left the game and did not return after the hit), but considering how the league was making it a point to take player safety seriously, this is another head-scratching decision from Brendan Shanahan.
Have another look at the hit courtesy of The Score and judge for yourself. Would you have suspended Bogosian for this play?
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)