Mar 19, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
That was a quick call for the league. After showing you Zach Bogosian‘s leaping charge on Carolina’s Andreas Nodl and wondering if it would lead to a suspension, TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports there won’t be any supplementary discipline for Bogosian for the hit.
Amazingly, this wasn’t Bogosian’s first dance with the league when it comes to questionable hits. There were two other plays this season in which Bogosian was scrutinized for iffy play with an elbow to Cody Eakin as well as a hit from behind on Minnesota’s Pierre-Marc Bouchard.
The odd part of all this is that in the eyes of the league Bogosian will continue to have a clean record. You would have to suspect that Bogosian avoided a suspension this time around because he was given a five-minute major and a game misconduct for charging Nodl (Nodl left the game and did not return after the hit), but considering how the league was making it a point to take player safety seriously, this is another head-scratching decision from Brendan Shanahan.
Have another look at the hit courtesy of The Score and judge for yourself. Would you have suspended Bogosian for this play?
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 4
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 5
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 11
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 32
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)