Mar 19, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
That was a quick call for the league. After showing you Zach Bogosian‘s leaping charge on Carolina’s Andreas Nodl and wondering if it would lead to a suspension, TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports there won’t be any supplementary discipline for Bogosian for the hit.
Amazingly, this wasn’t Bogosian’s first dance with the league when it comes to questionable hits. There were two other plays this season in which Bogosian was scrutinized for iffy play with an elbow to Cody Eakin as well as a hit from behind on Minnesota’s Pierre-Marc Bouchard.
The odd part of all this is that in the eyes of the league Bogosian will continue to have a clean record. You would have to suspect that Bogosian avoided a suspension this time around because he was given a five-minute major and a game misconduct for charging Nodl (Nodl left the game and did not return after the hit), but considering how the league was making it a point to take player safety seriously, this is another head-scratching decision from Brendan Shanahan.
Have another look at the hit courtesy of The Score and judge for yourself. Would you have suspended Bogosian for this play?
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)