Mar 19, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
That was a quick call for the league. After showing you Zach Bogosian‘s leaping charge on Carolina’s Andreas Nodl and wondering if it would lead to a suspension, TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports there won’t be any supplementary discipline for Bogosian for the hit.
Amazingly, this wasn’t Bogosian’s first dance with the league when it comes to questionable hits. There were two other plays this season in which Bogosian was scrutinized for iffy play with an elbow to Cody Eakin as well as a hit from behind on Minnesota’s Pierre-Marc Bouchard.
The odd part of all this is that in the eyes of the league Bogosian will continue to have a clean record. You would have to suspect that Bogosian avoided a suspension this time around because he was given a five-minute major and a game misconduct for charging Nodl (Nodl left the game and did not return after the hit), but considering how the league was making it a point to take player safety seriously, this is another head-scratching decision from Brendan Shanahan.
Have another look at the hit courtesy of The Score and judge for yourself. Would you have suspended Bogosian for this play?
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)