Mar 19, 2012, 8:36 AM EDT
Winnipeg’s Zach Bogosian isn’t always the first guy you think of when it comes to being a big hitter in the league. Heck, you might not even think about Bogosian much randomly anyhow, but you can rest assured that Carolina’s Andreas Nodl knows who he is now.
Bogosian connected on a monster, and illegal, hit to Nodl in the second period of Winnipeg’s 4-3 loss to the Hurricanes. Check out the insane height Bogosian gets on this hit after he leaves his feet to connect with Nodl courtesy of The Score.
Bogosian was given a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. Meanwhile, Nodl left the game and did not return. The debate here will be whether or not Bogosian being kicked out of the game will be seen as punishment enough for the hit or if Brendan Shanahan will ask him to sit a few games out.
The hit is certainly illegal and not the sort of thing the league wants to see in any game, but with how curious Shanahan’s rulings have been of late, betting on one outcome or the other might be a bad idea.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63