Mar 19, 2012, 8:36 AM EST
Winnipeg’s Zach Bogosian isn’t always the first guy you think of when it comes to being a big hitter in the league. Heck, you might not even think about Bogosian much randomly anyhow, but you can rest assured that Carolina’s Andreas Nodl knows who he is now.
Bogosian connected on a monster, and illegal, hit to Nodl in the second period of Winnipeg’s 4-3 loss to the Hurricanes. Check out the insane height Bogosian gets on this hit after he leaves his feet to connect with Nodl courtesy of The Score.
Bogosian was given a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. Meanwhile, Nodl left the game and did not return. The debate here will be whether or not Bogosian being kicked out of the game will be seen as punishment enough for the hit or if Brendan Shanahan will ask him to sit a few games out.
The hit is certainly illegal and not the sort of thing the league wants to see in any game, but with how curious Shanahan’s rulings have been of late, betting on one outcome or the other might be a bad idea.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11