Mar 19, 2012, 8:36 AM EDT
Winnipeg’s Zach Bogosian isn’t always the first guy you think of when it comes to being a big hitter in the league. Heck, you might not even think about Bogosian much randomly anyhow, but you can rest assured that Carolina’s Andreas Nodl knows who he is now.
Bogosian connected on a monster, and illegal, hit to Nodl in the second period of Winnipeg’s 4-3 loss to the Hurricanes. Check out the insane height Bogosian gets on this hit after he leaves his feet to connect with Nodl courtesy of The Score.
Bogosian was given a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. Meanwhile, Nodl left the game and did not return. The debate here will be whether or not Bogosian being kicked out of the game will be seen as punishment enough for the hit or if Brendan Shanahan will ask him to sit a few games out.
The hit is certainly illegal and not the sort of thing the league wants to see in any game, but with how curious Shanahan’s rulings have been of late, betting on one outcome or the other might be a bad idea.
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 1
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 1
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 21
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 12
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 23
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 32
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 45
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw