Mar 19, 2012, 8:36 AM EDT
Winnipeg’s Zach Bogosian isn’t always the first guy you think of when it comes to being a big hitter in the league. Heck, you might not even think about Bogosian much randomly anyhow, but you can rest assured that Carolina’s Andreas Nodl knows who he is now.
Bogosian connected on a monster, and illegal, hit to Nodl in the second period of Winnipeg’s 4-3 loss to the Hurricanes. Check out the insane height Bogosian gets on this hit after he leaves his feet to connect with Nodl courtesy of The Score.
Bogosian was given a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. Meanwhile, Nodl left the game and did not return. The debate here will be whether or not Bogosian being kicked out of the game will be seen as punishment enough for the hit or if Brendan Shanahan will ask him to sit a few games out.
The hit is certainly illegal and not the sort of thing the league wants to see in any game, but with how curious Shanahan’s rulings have been of late, betting on one outcome or the other might be a bad idea.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 89
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (89)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)