Mar 19, 2012, 2:08 PM EDT
For more on the heavy workload (and if it’ll get any lighter), here’s Bruins radio analyst Bob Beers on CSN’s Sports Sunday:
Thomas’ consecutive appearance streak began on Feb. 25 with a 5-3 win over Ottawa. He was scheduled for a day off during Boston’s Mar. 3 game against the Islanders, but was pressed into duty after backup Tuukka Rask left with an abdomen/groin injury.
Since then, Thomas’ schedule has looked like this:
Sun, Mar. 4 — Four goals on 17 shots in a 4-3 loss to the Rangers.
Tues, Mar. 6 — Four goals on 29 shots in a 5-4 win over Toronto.
Thurs, Mar. 8 — One goal on 20 shots in a 3-1 win over Buffalo.
Sat, Mar. 10 — Four goals on 30 shots in a 4-3 loss to Washington.
Sun, Mar. 11 — Three goals on 10 shots in a 5-2 loss to Pittsburgh (pulled after first period.)
Tues, Mar. 13 — Two goals on five shots in a 6-1 loss to Tampa (relieved Marty Turco, then replaced by him.)
Thurs, Mar. 15 — Six goals on 29 shots in a 6-2 loss to Florida.
Sat, Mar. 17 — Two goals on 29 shots in a 3-2 shootout win over Philly.
Boston has 11 games remaining and Thomas — who hasn’t played more than 57 since 2006-07 — is already at 52 appearances on the year. Given the Bruins are in a fight for the Northeast Division title and Turco looks shakier than a Chihuahua on meth, the likelihood of Thomas playing 60-plus games is high.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)