Mar 19, 2012, 2:08 PM EDT
For more on the heavy workload (and if it’ll get any lighter), here’s Bruins radio analyst Bob Beers on CSN’s Sports Sunday:
Thomas’ consecutive appearance streak began on Feb. 25 with a 5-3 win over Ottawa. He was scheduled for a day off during Boston’s Mar. 3 game against the Islanders, but was pressed into duty after backup Tuukka Rask left with an abdomen/groin injury.
Since then, Thomas’ schedule has looked like this:
Sun, Mar. 4 — Four goals on 17 shots in a 4-3 loss to the Rangers.
Tues, Mar. 6 — Four goals on 29 shots in a 5-4 win over Toronto.
Thurs, Mar. 8 — One goal on 20 shots in a 3-1 win over Buffalo.
Sat, Mar. 10 — Four goals on 30 shots in a 4-3 loss to Washington.
Sun, Mar. 11 — Three goals on 10 shots in a 5-2 loss to Pittsburgh (pulled after first period.)
Tues, Mar. 13 — Two goals on five shots in a 6-1 loss to Tampa (relieved Marty Turco, then replaced by him.)
Thurs, Mar. 15 — Six goals on 29 shots in a 6-2 loss to Florida.
Sat, Mar. 17 — Two goals on 29 shots in a 3-2 shootout win over Philly.
Boston has 11 games remaining and Thomas — who hasn’t played more than 57 since 2006-07 — is already at 52 appearances on the year. Given the Bruins are in a fight for the Northeast Division title and Turco looks shakier than a Chihuahua on meth, the likelihood of Thomas playing 60-plus games is high.
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 18
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 25
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 27
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 13
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 83
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 26
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 58
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 89
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (89)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (86)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm