Mar 19, 2012, 2:08 PM EDT
For more on the heavy workload (and if it’ll get any lighter), here’s Bruins radio analyst Bob Beers on CSN’s Sports Sunday:
Thomas’ consecutive appearance streak began on Feb. 25 with a 5-3 win over Ottawa. He was scheduled for a day off during Boston’s Mar. 3 game against the Islanders, but was pressed into duty after backup Tuukka Rask left with an abdomen/groin injury.
Since then, Thomas’ schedule has looked like this:
Sun, Mar. 4 — Four goals on 17 shots in a 4-3 loss to the Rangers.
Tues, Mar. 6 — Four goals on 29 shots in a 5-4 win over Toronto.
Thurs, Mar. 8 — One goal on 20 shots in a 3-1 win over Buffalo.
Sat, Mar. 10 — Four goals on 30 shots in a 4-3 loss to Washington.
Sun, Mar. 11 — Three goals on 10 shots in a 5-2 loss to Pittsburgh (pulled after first period.)
Tues, Mar. 13 — Two goals on five shots in a 6-1 loss to Tampa (relieved Marty Turco, then replaced by him.)
Thurs, Mar. 15 — Six goals on 29 shots in a 6-2 loss to Florida.
Sat, Mar. 17 — Two goals on 29 shots in a 3-2 shootout win over Philly.
Boston has 11 games remaining and Thomas — who hasn’t played more than 57 since 2006-07 — is already at 52 appearances on the year. Given the Bruins are in a fight for the Northeast Division title and Turco looks shakier than a Chihuahua on meth, the likelihood of Thomas playing 60-plus games is high.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 15
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 88
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 12
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 34
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (88)