Mar 19, 2012, 2:08 PM EST
For more on the heavy workload (and if it’ll get any lighter), here’s Bruins radio analyst Bob Beers on CSN’s Sports Sunday:
Thomas’ consecutive appearance streak began on Feb. 25 with a 5-3 win over Ottawa. He was scheduled for a day off during Boston’s Mar. 3 game against the Islanders, but was pressed into duty after backup Tuukka Rask left with an abdomen/groin injury.
Since then, Thomas’ schedule has looked like this:
Sun, Mar. 4 — Four goals on 17 shots in a 4-3 loss to the Rangers.
Tues, Mar. 6 — Four goals on 29 shots in a 5-4 win over Toronto.
Thurs, Mar. 8 — One goal on 20 shots in a 3-1 win over Buffalo.
Sat, Mar. 10 — Four goals on 30 shots in a 4-3 loss to Washington.
Sun, Mar. 11 — Three goals on 10 shots in a 5-2 loss to Pittsburgh (pulled after first period.)
Tues, Mar. 13 — Two goals on five shots in a 6-1 loss to Tampa (relieved Marty Turco, then replaced by him.)
Thurs, Mar. 15 — Six goals on 29 shots in a 6-2 loss to Florida.
Sat, Mar. 17 — Two goals on 29 shots in a 3-2 shootout win over Philly.
Boston has 11 games remaining and Thomas — who hasn’t played more than 57 since 2006-07 — is already at 52 appearances on the year. Given the Bruins are in a fight for the Northeast Division title and Turco looks shakier than a Chihuahua on meth, the likelihood of Thomas playing 60-plus games is high.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)