Mar 19, 2012, 2:08 PM EDT
For more on the heavy workload (and if it’ll get any lighter), here’s Bruins radio analyst Bob Beers on CSN’s Sports Sunday:
Thomas’ consecutive appearance streak began on Feb. 25 with a 5-3 win over Ottawa. He was scheduled for a day off during Boston’s Mar. 3 game against the Islanders, but was pressed into duty after backup Tuukka Rask left with an abdomen/groin injury.
Since then, Thomas’ schedule has looked like this:
Sun, Mar. 4 — Four goals on 17 shots in a 4-3 loss to the Rangers.
Tues, Mar. 6 — Four goals on 29 shots in a 5-4 win over Toronto.
Thurs, Mar. 8 — One goal on 20 shots in a 3-1 win over Buffalo.
Sat, Mar. 10 — Four goals on 30 shots in a 4-3 loss to Washington.
Sun, Mar. 11 — Three goals on 10 shots in a 5-2 loss to Pittsburgh (pulled after first period.)
Tues, Mar. 13 — Two goals on five shots in a 6-1 loss to Tampa (relieved Marty Turco, then replaced by him.)
Thurs, Mar. 15 — Six goals on 29 shots in a 6-2 loss to Florida.
Sat, Mar. 17 — Two goals on 29 shots in a 3-2 shootout win over Philly.
Boston has 11 games remaining and Thomas — who hasn’t played more than 57 since 2006-07 — is already at 52 appearances on the year. Given the Bruins are in a fight for the Northeast Division title and Turco looks shakier than a Chihuahua on meth, the likelihood of Thomas playing 60-plus games is high.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)