Mar 19, 2012, 11:27 AM EDT
(FF to :44)
Boll received a two-minute elbowing minor on the play while Tanguay left the game and missed the entire second period, returning for the third.
(That said, he was seen speaking with the team doctor following the game and didn’t address reporters.)
“That’s an elbow,” a visibly irate Sutter told the Calgary Herald. “Tangs is going to hit him and he raises his elbow…That’s why I was disappointed to see that it was only a two-minute penalty out of it. It’s clear it’s right to his head.”
“I guess we will see what the league does about it. The replay shows that he raised his elbow up and elbows him in the head. But the refs said it was a two-minute minor penalty. So be it.
“We will see what the league does.”
If Boll’s hit goes for disciplinary review, it won’t be the first time he’s appeared in front of Brendan Shanahan et al. In February, Boll was fined $2,500 for an illegal check to the head of Sharks forward Joe Thornton.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 6
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 7
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18