Mar 19, 2012, 11:27 AM EDT
(FF to :44)
Boll received a two-minute elbowing minor on the play while Tanguay left the game and missed the entire second period, returning for the third.
(That said, he was seen speaking with the team doctor following the game and didn’t address reporters.)
“That’s an elbow,” a visibly irate Sutter told the Calgary Herald. “Tangs is going to hit him and he raises his elbow…That’s why I was disappointed to see that it was only a two-minute penalty out of it. It’s clear it’s right to his head.”
“I guess we will see what the league does about it. The replay shows that he raised his elbow up and elbows him in the head. But the refs said it was a two-minute minor penalty. So be it.
“We will see what the league does.”
If Boll’s hit goes for disciplinary review, it won’t be the first time he’s appeared in front of Brendan Shanahan et al. In February, Boll was fined $2,500 for an illegal check to the head of Sharks forward Joe Thornton.
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 16
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)