Mar 19, 2012, 11:27 AM EDT
(FF to :44)
Boll received a two-minute elbowing minor on the play while Tanguay left the game and missed the entire second period, returning for the third.
(That said, he was seen speaking with the team doctor following the game and didn’t address reporters.)
“That’s an elbow,” a visibly irate Sutter told the Calgary Herald. “Tangs is going to hit him and he raises his elbow…That’s why I was disappointed to see that it was only a two-minute penalty out of it. It’s clear it’s right to his head.”
“I guess we will see what the league does about it. The replay shows that he raised his elbow up and elbows him in the head. But the refs said it was a two-minute minor penalty. So be it.
“We will see what the league does.”
If Boll’s hit goes for disciplinary review, it won’t be the first time he’s appeared in front of Brendan Shanahan et al. In February, Boll was fined $2,500 for an illegal check to the head of Sharks forward Joe Thornton.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 33
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 23
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 66
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (66)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)