Mar 19, 2012, 11:27 AM EDT
(FF to :44)
Boll received a two-minute elbowing minor on the play while Tanguay left the game and missed the entire second period, returning for the third.
(That said, he was seen speaking with the team doctor following the game and didn’t address reporters.)
“That’s an elbow,” a visibly irate Sutter told the Calgary Herald. “Tangs is going to hit him and he raises his elbow…That’s why I was disappointed to see that it was only a two-minute penalty out of it. It’s clear it’s right to his head.”
“I guess we will see what the league does about it. The replay shows that he raised his elbow up and elbows him in the head. But the refs said it was a two-minute minor penalty. So be it.
“We will see what the league does.”
If Boll’s hit goes for disciplinary review, it won’t be the first time he’s appeared in front of Brendan Shanahan et al. In February, Boll was fined $2,500 for an illegal check to the head of Sharks forward Joe Thornton.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 41
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 17
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 16
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 36
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 96
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead