Mar 19, 2012, 11:27 AM EDT
(FF to :44)
Boll received a two-minute elbowing minor on the play while Tanguay left the game and missed the entire second period, returning for the third.
(That said, he was seen speaking with the team doctor following the game and didn’t address reporters.)
“That’s an elbow,” a visibly irate Sutter told the Calgary Herald. “Tangs is going to hit him and he raises his elbow…That’s why I was disappointed to see that it was only a two-minute penalty out of it. It’s clear it’s right to his head.”
“I guess we will see what the league does about it. The replay shows that he raised his elbow up and elbows him in the head. But the refs said it was a two-minute minor penalty. So be it.
“We will see what the league does.”
If Boll’s hit goes for disciplinary review, it won’t be the first time he’s appeared in front of Brendan Shanahan et al. In February, Boll was fined $2,500 for an illegal check to the head of Sharks forward Joe Thornton.
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 0
- Report: Witness subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 24
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 6
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)