Mar 19, 2012, 9:18 AM EDT
Alexander Radulov’s wait to return to the NHL appears to be at an end.
After a report hit last night that Radulov would be allowed to leave his KHL team and return to the Predators, Yahoo!’s Dmitry Chesnokov, via Pavel Lysenkov, reports that Radulov’s Russian agent confirms that Radulov will be heading back to Nashville this week.
According to the reports, Radulov was bought out of his KHL contract freeing him up to come back to the NHL. Chesnokov reports, however, that the party or person responsible for buying Radulov out of his contract is undisclosed. Hey, maybe Peyton Manning is doing Nashville a solid before coming to play football in town.
With Radulov already cleared to come back whenever he wants to, this sets things up for Radulov to join the Predators sooner than later. Barry Trotz says he hopes that Radulov will able to play with the team on Thursday against the Penguins.
As it is, rival GMs aren’t happy that Radulov is being allowed to come back when he pleases, but since Radulov already had an existing contract with the Predators he doesn’t need to go through the waivers circus that Marty Turco and Evgeni Nabokov had to go through in recent times.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 15
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 88
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 12
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 34
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (88)