Mar 19, 2012, 1:46 PM EST
Chicago rookie Andrew Shaw has 28 NHL games on his resume. More than enough, apparently, to chirp Alex Ovechkin.
Shaw scored twice in yesterday’s 5-2 Blackhawks victory over the Capitals, during which he and Ovechkin engaged in a running conversation.
“I was in his ear all game,” Shaw said, as per the Washington Times. “I kind of shut him up when I put my second one in.”
Ego wise, it’s been a tough road trip for Ovechkin. Friday in Winnipeg, Jets fans chanted “Crosby’s better” at him. Two days later he’s getting chirped by a 20-year-old fifth-rounder (or “19th-rounder,” according to Patrick Kane).
The Caps are in Detroit tonight. Ovechkin is expected to unlock his bedroom door by game time.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)