Mar 19, 2012, 1:46 PM EST
Chicago rookie Andrew Shaw has 28 NHL games on his resume. More than enough, apparently, to chirp Alex Ovechkin.
Shaw scored twice in yesterday’s 5-2 Blackhawks victory over the Capitals, during which he and Ovechkin engaged in a running conversation.
“I was in his ear all game,” Shaw said, as per the Washington Times. “I kind of shut him up when I put my second one in.”
Ego wise, it’s been a tough road trip for Ovechkin. Friday in Winnipeg, Jets fans chanted “Crosby’s better” at him. Two days later he’s getting chirped by a 20-year-old fifth-rounder (or “19th-rounder,” according to Patrick Kane).
The Caps are in Detroit tonight. Ovechkin is expected to unlock his bedroom door by game time.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)