Mar 19, 2012, 1:46 PM EDT
Chicago rookie Andrew Shaw has 28 NHL games on his resume. More than enough, apparently, to chirp Alex Ovechkin.
Shaw scored twice in yesterday’s 5-2 Blackhawks victory over the Capitals, during which he and Ovechkin engaged in a running conversation.
“I was in his ear all game,” Shaw said, as per the Washington Times. “I kind of shut him up when I put my second one in.”
Ego wise, it’s been a tough road trip for Ovechkin. Friday in Winnipeg, Jets fans chanted “Crosby’s better” at him. Two days later he’s getting chirped by a 20-year-old fifth-rounder (or “19th-rounder,” according to Patrick Kane).
The Caps are in Detroit tonight. Ovechkin is expected to unlock his bedroom door by game time.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)