Mar 19, 2012, 1:46 PM EDT
Chicago rookie Andrew Shaw has 28 NHL games on his resume. More than enough, apparently, to chirp Alex Ovechkin.
Shaw scored twice in yesterday’s 5-2 Blackhawks victory over the Capitals, during which he and Ovechkin engaged in a running conversation.
“I was in his ear all game,” Shaw said, as per the Washington Times. “I kind of shut him up when I put my second one in.”
Ego wise, it’s been a tough road trip for Ovechkin. Friday in Winnipeg, Jets fans chanted “Crosby’s better” at him. Two days later he’s getting chirped by a 20-year-old fifth-rounder (or “19th-rounder,” according to Patrick Kane).
The Caps are in Detroit tonight. Ovechkin is expected to unlock his bedroom door by game time.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39