Mar 19, 2012, 1:46 PM EDT
Chicago rookie Andrew Shaw has 28 NHL games on his resume. More than enough, apparently, to chirp Alex Ovechkin.
Shaw scored twice in yesterday’s 5-2 Blackhawks victory over the Capitals, during which he and Ovechkin engaged in a running conversation.
“I was in his ear all game,” Shaw said, as per the Washington Times. “I kind of shut him up when I put my second one in.”
Ego wise, it’s been a tough road trip for Ovechkin. Friday in Winnipeg, Jets fans chanted “Crosby’s better” at him. Two days later he’s getting chirped by a 20-year-old fifth-rounder (or “19th-rounder,” according to Patrick Kane).
The Caps are in Detroit tonight. Ovechkin is expected to unlock his bedroom door by game time.
- Risk Factors: St. Louis Blues edition 5
- Ryan agrees to seven-year, $50.75 million extension 16
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 37
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (37)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Pittsburgh releases Daniel Carcillo from tryout (22)