Mar 19, 2012, 12:43 PM EDT
St. Louis forward Andy McDonald shouldn’t be out much longer with a shoulder injury, coach Ken Hitchcock said yesterday. Ditto it seems for the rest of the injured Blues as they get set for a three-game western swing starting Wednesday in Anaheim.
“I don’t think he’s that far away from playing,” Hitchcock said of McDonald, as per NHL.com. “I don’t know when, but they’re all going to go on the trip, including [Matt] D’Agostini. [Jason] Arnott’s going to be on the trip, [David] Backes on the trip, Mac’s on the trip … everybody’s on the trip. We’ll pick up [Alex] Steen when we arrive. Hopefully Alex will skate with us on Tuesday or Wednesday and we’ll just see where everybody’s at.”
McDonald was hurt Thursday when shoved into the boards by Carolina’s Tuomo Ruutu. He skated yesterday and said his shoulder felt “pretty good…better than I thought it would at this point.”
The Blues are six points up on Vancouver for first place in the Western Conference, so they can afford to be cautious with McDonald.
However, that’s not the way he’s looking at it.
“Because of my situation, coming back from the concussion, I’m really trying to get my game back up to speed, getting better as you head into the end of the season here and the playoffs,” McDonald said, as per the Post-Dispatch. “This is kind of a setback in terms of I don’t know when I’ll be back playing again. It’s great for our team to clinch a playoff spot, but personally, I want to be out there playing these games. I don’t want to be waiting until the first game of the playoffs getting back in.”
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 4
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 10
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 25
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)