Lucic beats on Komisarek as Bruins dominate Leafs

Mar 19, 2012, 9:22 PM EST

The Boston Bruins absolutely dominated the Toronto Maple Leafs tonight, beating them 8-0. If you want a symbolic video clip that isn’t as obvious as a bunch of Bruins goals befuddling Toronto goalies, try this clip of Milan Lucic pummeling Mike Komisarek on for size:

This is far from the first time the two tough players have tussled, as they’ve also dropped the gloves on at least two other notable occasions (which you can view in video form by clicking on the respective links): Nov. 13, 2008 and April 22, 2009.

Komisarek deserves credit for being courageous enough to keep fighting Lucic … but perhaps he shouldn’t. He’s at least 0-3 against him, so to speak, so maybe it’s time to just sneer at him but skate away. Just saying.

1. matthews4 - Mar 19, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Look familiar habsman? Oh Remind me again how classless Lucic is. Wasn’t it Komisarek who got thrown out of that game for a stick to the head. Nobody says Luchampion doesn’t cross the line, we own up to it and not point the finger in the other direction all the time. It just seems to me that if a Hab does something classless and we have to hear about a Yankee game 27 years ago. Really…… Really ?

• habsman - Mar 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

What the hell are you smoking? This was Bruins vs Leafs. Why are you calling me out? Take a pill you idiot.

• drewsylvania - Mar 20, 2012 at 12:53 PM

It’s not like you haven’t earned it.

2. pjwill24 - Mar 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I dunno why Komisarek even bothers with Lucic, the guy has never been the same since Lucic beat the hell outta him in 2009.

• 1943mrmojorisin1971 - Mar 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

It’s the sting of pride f*cking with him. Hopefully tonight he learned pride only hurts. It never helps.

• James O'Brien - Mar 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Someone watched “Pulp Fiction” recently …

• 1943mrmojorisin1971 - Mar 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM

*repeatedly

3. blomfeld - Mar 19, 2012 at 10:48 PM

GOOD ! …

Credit has to be given to this Komisarek for showing some real “fighting spirit” like that … but in the end, it’s a “good thing” as Martha Stewart would say, for the sooner the Leafs go by the wayside completely, the sooner Burke will be “liquidated” … and thus, the sooner the “fair” city of Toronto will be offered a chance of true Redemption …

4. firstandonlywarning - Mar 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Nobody likes seeing this, get rid of fighting in hockey

lol

5. kingkreg12 - Mar 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I enjoy it a lot- good old fashioned hockey baby

6. jason9696 - Mar 19, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I’ll always be a Maple Leafs fan. But tonight was a total embarrassment. Good for Mike Komisarek for showing some heart though. He was pretty much the only player on the Leafs that showed any tonight. Even if he did get his ass kicked again by that beast Milan Lucic.

• 8man - Mar 20, 2012 at 5:39 AM

I don’t know why the B’s match up so well with the Leafs. I guess every team has another team that owns them. The Bruins can’t beat Carolina to save their asses. I’m hoping this signals the end of their slumping ways, but since it was against a team they always have success against, I don’t know what to think. Meanwhile, Ottawa continues to lurk.

• odj810 - Mar 20, 2012 at 8:41 AM

I think a big part of it is teams that chara can make disapear. If he owns a particular top player like ovechkin kessel, the bruins are going to do very well. In carolina chara has never been able to handle staal who goes right after the big guy.

7. jkay1818 - Mar 19, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Good fight, nice beatdown, but man, i had to watch that on mute after the first 30 seconds. That Jack Edwards is beyond brutal. He is painful to listen to.

• kitshky - Mar 20, 2012 at 2:53 AM

I find it kinda shocking how bad some of the Play by Play guys are in this league … and in major hockey markets too.

8. matthews4 - Mar 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM

habsman ,Um connect the dots idiot, I’m calling you out because every time something happens with Lucic you have something stupid to say and act like your Habs never do anything dirty. Correct me if I’m wrong don’t you comment on Bruins games that aren’t against Montreal. So do you hold the patten on that? Only you can comment on games that have nothing to with your team? I hope for your sake they make a pill for whatever disorder you have. Don’t be a baby, just because some one thinks they should have the same rights as you. Dude you need to check yourself. And yeah I called you the same names you have called me just so you can see how pathetic it looks. I was patient for about a month. So either act like a grown up or get a note from your parents that you can post comments.

• habsman - Mar 19, 2012 at 11:49 PM

matthews4,

Patience is a virtue, good for you!

First let me appologise for calling you an idiot.

Second, if Lucic were to always play a good tough game and drop gloves, I wouldn’t have a problem with that. But that’s not the reality is it? Over the past couple of years, Lucic, Ferrence, Marchand, Horton, Chara, etal have gotten away with murder. Why is that do you think?

It’s only lately that the league had no choice but to take action. Especially after Lucic’s cheap shot on Miller went unpunished.

So enjoy the (Campbell) Cup win. I don’t see you winning this year, just too many eyes on the Bruins this year. They won’t get away with the crap they did last year.

• 1943mrmojorisin1971 - Mar 20, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Do you ever get bored of making the same complaints and unfunny Campbell Cup statements all the time? Get some new material, you’re as bad as that fleurysteeth guy et. al.

• habsman - Mar 20, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Yes, I’ve been spreading anti Bruin rhetoric.

Is it difficult defending two teams?

• homelanddefense - Mar 20, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Lucic has dropped the gloves against heavies before. He is a top line player now, he cant answer the bell every time some loser like Laraque challenges him. Its a stupid trade.

In this fight Komisarek was asking for it.

And the lines about Campbell are tired. Greg played for Florida, why didnt they win the cup? Just because you cant be objective doesnt mean Colin Campbell cant.

• habsman - Mar 20, 2012 at 1:49 AM

mojo, aka Bruin fan and Burke appologist,

If you hadn’t noticed, I was called out by Bruin fan mattews4. Otherwise I wasn’t going to comment on the pounding the Leafs took.

If you don’t like my posts, skip them. My feelings won’t be hurt.

• 1943mrmojorisin1971 - Mar 20, 2012 at 2:05 AM

You haven’t even commented about the Leafs here, you’ve just been spewing anti-Bruins rhetoric.

• 8man - Mar 20, 2012 at 7:05 AM

And if the Bruins don’t win it again this year, because just winning it to begin with is hard to do, nevermind doing it back-to-back, Habsman will dance in the streets as if his own beloved Canadiens captured the cup.

You know, its really not the teams I hate, so much as their fans.

9. groess - Mar 20, 2012 at 8:41 AM

I love reading Habsman’s whines. He so longs for the glory days but they are long gone my friend. For so long, the Bruins were his team’s b***h but not any longer and he can’t stand it. Nothing is more satisfying than listening to all the Habs fans whine…and 8man, you are right, it’s the fans I despise more than the team itself.

10. matthews4 - Mar 20, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Sorry guys, I did call habsman out. Thanks for the apology. Everybody is entitled to their point of view. The Bruins in all likelihood will not win the Cup this year. It has to be almost the perfect storm anymore for a team to win it once, let alone twice in a row. I do think that the League has tried to make an example out of the Bruins. In my opinion they have gone way to far. When you have to start rescinding Game misconducts that happen in the first 5 minutes of the game there is a problem. The inconsistency in the disciplinary action is appalling. Be honest, if Marchand makes the same hit a Malkin made on Boychuck he is suspended. Although he has a past and that is part of the decision, the League didn’t even call Malkin. There is my opinion, you want a conspiracy theory, I could fill this whole page up with incidents where other players have committed very similar infractions and not gotten so much as a phone call from the league.

• amerika1313 - Mar 20, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Case in point: Look at Kesler’s clip on Clutterbuck last night. Way worse than Marchand’s hit on Salo, in my opinion. And remember, I’m not talking about the outcome to the player clipped, I’m talking strictly about the hit itself. You want to take the temperature of the league on how they’ve handled discipline for the Bruins versus other teams, let’s see how Shanahan handles this one.

11. mgp1219 - Mar 20, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Why does anyone respond to or entice habswoman? Hert comments are as insignificant as her team is this year.

Coaches in and out of the hot seat

Top 10 NHL Player Searches