Mar 19, 2012, 2:34 PM EDT
Schneider was good (but not great) Saturday against Columbus in Vancouver’s 4-3 home victory over the worst team in the NHL. But with a 9-0-1 record in his last 10 starts, he gets the nod from coach Alain Vigneault.
The decision to go with Schneider is an easy one in some respects. Luongo’s lost his last four starts and has a history of poor performances at the Xcel Energy Center.
But again the question has to be asked, what if Schneider keeps winning?
In other Canucks news, Mason Raymond will be a healthy scratch for the first time since April 2, 2009. The struggling forward is pointless in his last eight games despite spending time on the first line with the Sedins.
Defenseman Sami Salo will also be a healthy scratch, though not for reasons related to his play. The Canucks are just being careful with the injury-prone veteran who’s basically OJ Simpson’s character from The Naked Gun.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)