Mar 19, 2012, 2:34 PM EDT
Schneider was good (but not great) Saturday against Columbus in Vancouver’s 4-3 home victory over the worst team in the NHL. But with a 9-0-1 record in his last 10 starts, he gets the nod from coach Alain Vigneault.
The decision to go with Schneider is an easy one in some respects. Luongo’s lost his last four starts and has a history of poor performances at the Xcel Energy Center.
But again the question has to be asked, what if Schneider keeps winning?
In other Canucks news, Mason Raymond will be a healthy scratch for the first time since April 2, 2009. The struggling forward is pointless in his last eight games despite spending time on the first line with the Sedins.
Defenseman Sami Salo will also be a healthy scratch, though not for reasons related to his play. The Canucks are just being careful with the injury-prone veteran who’s basically OJ Simpson’s character from The Naked Gun.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 20
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)