Mar 19, 2012, 2:34 PM EDT
Schneider was good (but not great) Saturday against Columbus in Vancouver’s 4-3 home victory over the worst team in the NHL. But with a 9-0-1 record in his last 10 starts, he gets the nod from coach Alain Vigneault.
The decision to go with Schneider is an easy one in some respects. Luongo’s lost his last four starts and has a history of poor performances at the Xcel Energy Center.
But again the question has to be asked, what if Schneider keeps winning?
In other Canucks news, Mason Raymond will be a healthy scratch for the first time since April 2, 2009. The struggling forward is pointless in his last eight games despite spending time on the first line with the Sedins.
Defenseman Sami Salo will also be a healthy scratch, though not for reasons related to his play. The Canucks are just being careful with the injury-prone veteran who’s basically OJ Simpson’s character from The Naked Gun.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 6
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 13
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 34
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 78
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (78)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control