Mar 19, 2012, 9:50 AM EDT
Bobby Ryan had a forgettable game against Nashville last night. Ryan finished the night with no points, a minus-1 rating, and three minor penalties, the last of which led to the Predators game-clinching empty net goal.
With a hat trick like that, you couldn’t blame Ryan for being upset with how he played. He decided to take his frustrations out on the officials instead, telling Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register that the men in stripes have a lot of work to do.
“Oh, it’s been horrendous from an inconsistent standpoint,” Ryan said. “You almost don’t know what you get. You’ve got to wave a white towel almost. It’s upsetting. It is what it is.”
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32