Mar 18, 2012, 4:21 PM EDT
For most of the afternoon, the Penguins looked poised to continue their 11-game winning streak to make it a cool dozen. The Flyers had other ideas though and took them to overtime. There, Scott Hartnell would finish off with under one second left to play with his ripper of a shot past Marc-Andre Fleury giving the Flyers a 3-2 victory.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Hartnell’s goal turned out to be a nice way to make amends for catching his teammate Zac Rinaldo in the mouth with an accidental high stick. After the game, NBC’s Pierre McGuire spoke with Hartnell about the win.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39