Mar 18, 2012, 12:13 PM EDT
When the Washington Capitals paid a visit to Winnipeg on Friday night, the fans there showed the Caps how loud they can be when they serenaded Alex Ovechkin with chants of “Crosby’s better.” While Ovechkin took it all in stride being taunted that way, some Jets players didn’t really care so much for it.
Paul Waldie of The Globe And Mail catches up with Jets forward Tanner Glass who doesn’t like to see (and hear) the fans be so snarky.
“I don’t like that stuff. I don’t have time for that,” Glass said Saturday after the Jets practised. “Cheer for a guy or even against him but, I don’t know, I think that’s a bit much. … I wouldn’t be chanting it.”
Why so serious, Tanner?
The home ice advantage the Jets have playing in the intimate MTS Centre is perhaps their greatest asset. Having the fans not riding the opponents’ top players and not being perhaps the league’s most vocal fans would mean not having an intimidating atmosphere to play in.
Then again, maybe Glass would be happier playing somewhere quieter like Toronto.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)