Mar 18, 2012, 12:13 PM EST
When the Washington Capitals paid a visit to Winnipeg on Friday night, the fans there showed the Caps how loud they can be when they serenaded Alex Ovechkin with chants of “Crosby’s better.” While Ovechkin took it all in stride being taunted that way, some Jets players didn’t really care so much for it.
Paul Waldie of The Globe And Mail catches up with Jets forward Tanner Glass who doesn’t like to see (and hear) the fans be so snarky.
“I don’t like that stuff. I don’t have time for that,” Glass said Saturday after the Jets practised. “Cheer for a guy or even against him but, I don’t know, I think that’s a bit much. … I wouldn’t be chanting it.”
Why so serious, Tanner?
The home ice advantage the Jets have playing in the intimate MTS Centre is perhaps their greatest asset. Having the fans not riding the opponents’ top players and not being perhaps the league’s most vocal fans would mean not having an intimidating atmosphere to play in.
Then again, maybe Glass would be happier playing somewhere quieter like Toronto.
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)