Mar 18, 2012, 12:13 PM EDT
When the Washington Capitals paid a visit to Winnipeg on Friday night, the fans there showed the Caps how loud they can be when they serenaded Alex Ovechkin with chants of “Crosby’s better.” While Ovechkin took it all in stride being taunted that way, some Jets players didn’t really care so much for it.
Paul Waldie of The Globe And Mail catches up with Jets forward Tanner Glass who doesn’t like to see (and hear) the fans be so snarky.
“I don’t like that stuff. I don’t have time for that,” Glass said Saturday after the Jets practised. “Cheer for a guy or even against him but, I don’t know, I think that’s a bit much. … I wouldn’t be chanting it.”
Why so serious, Tanner?
The home ice advantage the Jets have playing in the intimate MTS Centre is perhaps their greatest asset. Having the fans not riding the opponents’ top players and not being perhaps the league’s most vocal fans would mean not having an intimidating atmosphere to play in.
Then again, maybe Glass would be happier playing somewhere quieter like Toronto.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)