Mar 18, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
The Flyers will start today’s game against the Penguins a bit more shorthanded than usual.
Courtesy of CSNPhilly.com, the Flyers will be without defenseman Andreas Lilja and forward Maxime Talbot as they both left yesterday’s game against Boston with separate injuries. Lilja has an upper-body affliction while Talbot hurt his shoulder after fighting Johnny Boychuk.
In Lilja’s place, the Flyers called up youngster Brandon Manning. Having to deal with Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin won’t make life easy for the youngster at all. Jody Shelley takes Talbot’s spot in the lineup to give them a bit more toughness.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5