Mar 18, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
The Flyers will start today’s game against the Penguins a bit more shorthanded than usual.
Courtesy of CSNPhilly.com, the Flyers will be without defenseman Andreas Lilja and forward Maxime Talbot as they both left yesterday’s game against Boston with separate injuries. Lilja has an upper-body affliction while Talbot hurt his shoulder after fighting Johnny Boychuk.
In Lilja’s place, the Flyers called up youngster Brandon Manning. Having to deal with Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin won’t make life easy for the youngster at all. Jody Shelley takes Talbot’s spot in the lineup to give them a bit more toughness.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)