Mar 18, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
The Flyers will start today’s game against the Penguins a bit more shorthanded than usual.
Courtesy of CSNPhilly.com, the Flyers will be without defenseman Andreas Lilja and forward Maxime Talbot as they both left yesterday’s game against Boston with separate injuries. Lilja has an upper-body affliction while Talbot hurt his shoulder after fighting Johnny Boychuk.
In Lilja’s place, the Flyers called up youngster Brandon Manning. Having to deal with Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin won’t make life easy for the youngster at all. Jody Shelley takes Talbot’s spot in the lineup to give them a bit more toughness.
- In praise of John Tavares 3
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 12
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31