Mar 18, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
The Flyers will start today’s game against the Penguins a bit more shorthanded than usual.
Courtesy of CSNPhilly.com, the Flyers will be without defenseman Andreas Lilja and forward Maxime Talbot as they both left yesterday’s game against Boston with separate injuries. Lilja has an upper-body affliction while Talbot hurt his shoulder after fighting Johnny Boychuk.
In Lilja’s place, the Flyers called up youngster Brandon Manning. Having to deal with Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin won’t make life easy for the youngster at all. Jody Shelley takes Talbot’s spot in the lineup to give them a bit more toughness.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)