Mar 17, 2012, 11:44 PM EDT
With Toronto already up 2-0 in the third period and the team on the power play, Phaneuf fired a one-timer past Senators’ goaltender Ben Bishop and straight into the camera.
Apparently it costs $1,200 to fix that camera, making that a pretty expensive goal. Of course, Phaneuf is making $6.5 million this season, so if he wanted to chip in towards the repairs, he could probably scrounge up the money.
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 0
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 17
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4