Mar 17, 2012, 11:44 PM EDT
With Toronto already up 2-0 in the third period and the team on the power play, Phaneuf fired a one-timer past Senators’ goaltender Ben Bishop and straight into the camera.
Apparently it costs $1,200 to fix that camera, making that a pretty expensive goal. Of course, Phaneuf is making $6.5 million this season, so if he wanted to chip in towards the repairs, he could probably scrounge up the money.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 0
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 21
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42