Mar 17, 2012, 4:15 PM EDT
If you’re not worried that the Pittsburgh Penguins might just go on and win out the rest of the way, why not just start fretting about it now.
The Pens extended their winning streak to 11 games thanks to a 5-2 win over the Devils. In just his second game back from a concussion, Sidney Crosby added three assists and Evgeni Malkin scored his 40th goal of the season. Pascal Dupuis scored his 20th of the year while Matt Cooke, the Penguins’ Masterton Trophy nominee, scored twice giving him a career-high 16 goals.
Crosby’s three assists now gives him five points in two games since returning from his latest concussion. He might be pretty good.
Even more startling through all this is that Devils goalie Martin Brodeur didn’t even play badly as he had to make 38 saves to keep the Devils in the game.
The Penguins now head to Philly for a showdown with the Flyers tomorrow afternoon (12:30 p.m. on NBC) and they’ll get a Flyers team coming off a 3-2 shootout loss to the Bruins this afternoon. A streaking Penguins team facing a potentially grumpy Flyers team? Sign us up.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)