Mar 17, 2012, 4:15 PM EDT
If you’re not worried that the Pittsburgh Penguins might just go on and win out the rest of the way, why not just start fretting about it now.
The Pens extended their winning streak to 11 games thanks to a 5-2 win over the Devils. In just his second game back from a concussion, Sidney Crosby added three assists and Evgeni Malkin scored his 40th goal of the season. Pascal Dupuis scored his 20th of the year while Matt Cooke, the Penguins’ Masterton Trophy nominee, scored twice giving him a career-high 16 goals.
Crosby’s three assists now gives him five points in two games since returning from his latest concussion. He might be pretty good.
Even more startling through all this is that Devils goalie Martin Brodeur didn’t even play badly as he had to make 38 saves to keep the Devils in the game.
The Penguins now head to Philly for a showdown with the Flyers tomorrow afternoon (12:30 p.m. on NBC) and they’ll get a Flyers team coming off a 3-2 shootout loss to the Bruins this afternoon. A streaking Penguins team facing a potentially grumpy Flyers team? Sign us up.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 4
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)