Mar 17, 2012, 4:15 PM EST
If you’re not worried that the Pittsburgh Penguins might just go on and win out the rest of the way, why not just start fretting about it now.
The Pens extended their winning streak to 11 games thanks to a 5-2 win over the Devils. In just his second game back from a concussion, Sidney Crosby added three assists and Evgeni Malkin scored his 40th goal of the season. Pascal Dupuis scored his 20th of the year while Matt Cooke, the Penguins’ Masterton Trophy nominee, scored twice giving him a career-high 16 goals.
Crosby’s three assists now gives him five points in two games since returning from his latest concussion. He might be pretty good.
Even more startling through all this is that Devils goalie Martin Brodeur didn’t even play badly as he had to make 38 saves to keep the Devils in the game.
The Penguins now head to Philly for a showdown with the Flyers tomorrow afternoon (12:30 p.m. on NBC) and they’ll get a Flyers team coming off a 3-2 shootout loss to the Bruins this afternoon. A streaking Penguins team facing a potentially grumpy Flyers team? Sign us up.
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 3
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18