Mar 17, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
Lightning GM Steve Yzerman is taking a creative route to give his team some goaltending help.
Damian Cristodero reports that Tampa Bay will sign former Penguins goalie Sebastien Caron out of Germany and have him team up with Dwayne Roloson in the Lightning net. Caron will have to clear re-entry waivers first, however, much in the same way Marty Turco did when the Bruins signed him a couple weeks ago.
Caron was last in the NHL in the 2006-07 season with the Anaheim Ducks. Since then, he’s played in both the Swiss and German pro leagues. With Caron likely to join the Lightning, young goalie Dustin Tokarski will head back to the AHL and rejoin the Norfolk Admirals who are in the midst of a 17-game winning streak.
Bringing Caron in isn’t likely a move to help the Lightning make a push at the playoffs and is more likely to be a move to allow Tokarski to get back to the minor leagues and do his on-the-job learning there.
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 21
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)