Mar 17, 2012, 5:27 PM EST
With the Penguins nipping at their heels, the New York Rangers are getting some important starters back.
Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News reports that captain Ryan Callahan will be back in the lineup tonight against Colorado. Callahan missed a host of games thanks to a hurting foot he got thanks to blocking a shot. With Callahan back, hurting forward Artem Anisimov will take a seat to rest an injury he suffered Thursday night against Pittsburgh.
Also joining Callahan tonight will be defenseman Michael Del Zotto who has missed time thanks to an aching hip. Rookie Tim Erixon will be paired up with Del Zotto tonight after being recalled from the AHL as he takes Anton Stralman‘s spot in the lineup.
Meanwhile, Henrik Lundqvist must be over his bout with the flu as he’ll be in goal against Colorado. Lundqvist missed the last two games leaving Martin Biron to deal with the Penguins and Hurricanes recently. The Rangers will need everyone to stay healthy as they can’t afford to give up any more room in the standings to Pittsburgh as the Pens are two points back of them heading into tonight’s game.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 12
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2