Mar 17, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
With the Penguins nipping at their heels, the New York Rangers are getting some important starters back.
Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News reports that captain Ryan Callahan will be back in the lineup tonight against Colorado. Callahan missed a host of games thanks to a hurting foot he got thanks to blocking a shot. With Callahan back, hurting forward Artem Anisimov will take a seat to rest an injury he suffered Thursday night against Pittsburgh.
Also joining Callahan tonight will be defenseman Michael Del Zotto who has missed time thanks to an aching hip. Rookie Tim Erixon will be paired up with Del Zotto tonight after being recalled from the AHL as he takes Anton Stralman‘s spot in the lineup.
Meanwhile, Henrik Lundqvist must be over his bout with the flu as he’ll be in goal against Colorado. Lundqvist missed the last two games leaving Martin Biron to deal with the Penguins and Hurricanes recently. The Rangers will need everyone to stay healthy as they can’t afford to give up any more room in the standings to Pittsburgh as the Pens are two points back of them heading into tonight’s game.
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 10
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22