Mar 17, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
With the Penguins nipping at their heels, the New York Rangers are getting some important starters back.
Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News reports that captain Ryan Callahan will be back in the lineup tonight against Colorado. Callahan missed a host of games thanks to a hurting foot he got thanks to blocking a shot. With Callahan back, hurting forward Artem Anisimov will take a seat to rest an injury he suffered Thursday night against Pittsburgh.
Also joining Callahan tonight will be defenseman Michael Del Zotto who has missed time thanks to an aching hip. Rookie Tim Erixon will be paired up with Del Zotto tonight after being recalled from the AHL as he takes Anton Stralman‘s spot in the lineup.
Meanwhile, Henrik Lundqvist must be over his bout with the flu as he’ll be in goal against Colorado. Lundqvist missed the last two games leaving Martin Biron to deal with the Penguins and Hurricanes recently. The Rangers will need everyone to stay healthy as they can’t afford to give up any more room in the standings to Pittsburgh as the Pens are two points back of them heading into tonight’s game.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 21
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 34
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51