Mar 17, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
With the Penguins nipping at their heels, the New York Rangers are getting some important starters back.
Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News reports that captain Ryan Callahan will be back in the lineup tonight against Colorado. Callahan missed a host of games thanks to a hurting foot he got thanks to blocking a shot. With Callahan back, hurting forward Artem Anisimov will take a seat to rest an injury he suffered Thursday night against Pittsburgh.
Also joining Callahan tonight will be defenseman Michael Del Zotto who has missed time thanks to an aching hip. Rookie Tim Erixon will be paired up with Del Zotto tonight after being recalled from the AHL as he takes Anton Stralman‘s spot in the lineup.
Meanwhile, Henrik Lundqvist must be over his bout with the flu as he’ll be in goal against Colorado. Lundqvist missed the last two games leaving Martin Biron to deal with the Penguins and Hurricanes recently. The Rangers will need everyone to stay healthy as they can’t afford to give up any more room in the standings to Pittsburgh as the Pens are two points back of them heading into tonight’s game.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20