Mar 17, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
With the Penguins nipping at their heels, the New York Rangers are getting some important starters back.
Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News reports that captain Ryan Callahan will be back in the lineup tonight against Colorado. Callahan missed a host of games thanks to a hurting foot he got thanks to blocking a shot. With Callahan back, hurting forward Artem Anisimov will take a seat to rest an injury he suffered Thursday night against Pittsburgh.
Also joining Callahan tonight will be defenseman Michael Del Zotto who has missed time thanks to an aching hip. Rookie Tim Erixon will be paired up with Del Zotto tonight after being recalled from the AHL as he takes Anton Stralman‘s spot in the lineup.
Meanwhile, Henrik Lundqvist must be over his bout with the flu as he’ll be in goal against Colorado. Lundqvist missed the last two games leaving Martin Biron to deal with the Penguins and Hurricanes recently. The Rangers will need everyone to stay healthy as they can’t afford to give up any more room in the standings to Pittsburgh as the Pens are two points back of them heading into tonight’s game.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup