Mar 17, 2012, 7:40 PM EST
With Saturday’s loss to the Boston Bruins, Philadelphia is now 3-8-2 in afternoon contests this season. If you expand that to all games that start before 7pm ET, their record is 5-10-2.
The Philadelphia Flyers have another afternoon contest scheduled for Sunday. This time they’ll have their hands full with the surging Pittsburgh Penguins (12:30 pm ET, NBC). In fact, three of Philadelphia’s final 11 contests are scheduled to start before 7pm. With every point critical this late in the season, they’ll want to do better in games that take place while the sun is still up.
Perhaps the solution is emulating Twilight-styled Vampires instead of the more traditional kind. As far as I know, those ones merely sparkle when exposed to the light.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)