Mar 17, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
With Saturday’s loss to the Boston Bruins, Philadelphia is now 3-8-2 in afternoon contests this season. If you expand that to all games that start before 7pm ET, their record is 5-10-2.
The Philadelphia Flyers have another afternoon contest scheduled for Sunday. This time they’ll have their hands full with the surging Pittsburgh Penguins (12:30 pm ET, NBC). In fact, three of Philadelphia’s final 11 contests are scheduled to start before 7pm. With every point critical this late in the season, they’ll want to do better in games that take place while the sun is still up.
Perhaps the solution is emulating Twilight-styled Vampires instead of the more traditional kind. As far as I know, those ones merely sparkle when exposed to the light.
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 1
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 10
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 19
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 22
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 51
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (52)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)