Mar 17, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
With Saturday’s loss to the Boston Bruins, Philadelphia is now 3-8-2 in afternoon contests this season. If you expand that to all games that start before 7pm ET, their record is 5-10-2.
The Philadelphia Flyers have another afternoon contest scheduled for Sunday. This time they’ll have their hands full with the surging Pittsburgh Penguins (12:30 pm ET, NBC). In fact, three of Philadelphia’s final 11 contests are scheduled to start before 7pm. With every point critical this late in the season, they’ll want to do better in games that take place while the sun is still up.
Perhaps the solution is emulating Twilight-styled Vampires instead of the more traditional kind. As far as I know, those ones merely sparkle when exposed to the light.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 10
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54