Mar 17, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
With Saturday’s loss to the Boston Bruins, Philadelphia is now 3-8-2 in afternoon contests this season. If you expand that to all games that start before 7pm ET, their record is 5-10-2.
The Philadelphia Flyers have another afternoon contest scheduled for Sunday. This time they’ll have their hands full with the surging Pittsburgh Penguins (12:30 pm ET, NBC). In fact, three of Philadelphia’s final 11 contests are scheduled to start before 7pm. With every point critical this late in the season, they’ll want to do better in games that take place while the sun is still up.
Perhaps the solution is emulating Twilight-styled Vampires instead of the more traditional kind. As far as I know, those ones merely sparkle when exposed to the light.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)