Mar 17, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
With Saturday’s loss to the Boston Bruins, Philadelphia is now 3-8-2 in afternoon contests this season. If you expand that to all games that start before 7pm ET, their record is 5-10-2.
The Philadelphia Flyers have another afternoon contest scheduled for Sunday. This time they’ll have their hands full with the surging Pittsburgh Penguins (12:30 pm ET, NBC). In fact, three of Philadelphia’s final 11 contests are scheduled to start before 7pm. With every point critical this late in the season, they’ll want to do better in games that take place while the sun is still up.
Perhaps the solution is emulating Twilight-styled Vampires instead of the more traditional kind. As far as I know, those ones merely sparkle when exposed to the light.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)