Mar 17, 2012, 2:49 PM EDT
Jeff Skinner isn’t the kind of player you see getting into too much trouble. Seeing him get nailed with a two-game suspension for kicking St. Louis’ Scott Nichol, however, can make you wonder just what was going through his head.
You’ll all be happy to know that Skinner didn’t mean to hurt Nichol by kicking at his leg while down on the ice. Chip Alexander from the News & Observer hears it from an apparently apologetic Skinner.
“I knew there was a chance I would get something for it,” Skinner told N&O correspondent Javier Serna before the team’s game against the Wild. “It obviously doesn’t look good. From my standpoint, I’m just trying to push off. There’s no intent there. It is a dangerous play. I understand that.”
Skinner is earning a bit of a tough reputation this season as he was accused of slew footing Washington’s Dmitry Orlov just two weeks ago and Brendan Shanahan said he’d warned Skinner about dangerous play just 24 hours before his game against St. Louis where he kicked Nichol.
Don’t let the baby face fool you, that Skinner is a killer!
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 4
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 24
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 34
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 18
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)