Mar 17, 2012, 2:49 PM EST
Jeff Skinner isn’t the kind of player you see getting into too much trouble. Seeing him get nailed with a two-game suspension for kicking St. Louis’ Scott Nichol, however, can make you wonder just what was going through his head.
You’ll all be happy to know that Skinner didn’t mean to hurt Nichol by kicking at his leg while down on the ice. Chip Alexander from the News & Observer hears it from an apparently apologetic Skinner.
“I knew there was a chance I would get something for it,” Skinner told N&O correspondent Javier Serna before the team’s game against the Wild. “It obviously doesn’t look good. From my standpoint, I’m just trying to push off. There’s no intent there. It is a dangerous play. I understand that.”
Skinner is earning a bit of a tough reputation this season as he was accused of slew footing Washington’s Dmitry Orlov just two weeks ago and Brendan Shanahan said he’d warned Skinner about dangerous play just 24 hours before his game against St. Louis where he kicked Nichol.
Don’t let the baby face fool you, that Skinner is a killer!
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)