Mar 17, 2012, 2:49 PM EDT
Jeff Skinner isn’t the kind of player you see getting into too much trouble. Seeing him get nailed with a two-game suspension for kicking St. Louis’ Scott Nichol, however, can make you wonder just what was going through his head.
You’ll all be happy to know that Skinner didn’t mean to hurt Nichol by kicking at his leg while down on the ice. Chip Alexander from the News & Observer hears it from an apparently apologetic Skinner.
“I knew there was a chance I would get something for it,” Skinner told N&O correspondent Javier Serna before the team’s game against the Wild. “It obviously doesn’t look good. From my standpoint, I’m just trying to push off. There’s no intent there. It is a dangerous play. I understand that.”
Skinner is earning a bit of a tough reputation this season as he was accused of slew footing Washington’s Dmitry Orlov just two weeks ago and Brendan Shanahan said he’d warned Skinner about dangerous play just 24 hours before his game against St. Louis where he kicked Nichol.
Don’t let the baby face fool you, that Skinner is a killer!
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)