Mar 17, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
The Devils’ winning ways have all been going on without the help of puck-moving defenseman Henrik Tallinder and it’s not looking good for him to return anytime soon.
Tallinder has been out of action since January 17 thanks to a blood clot in his leg, and according to Rich Chere, Devils coach Peter DeBoer isn’t seeing him come back any time soon.
“Tallinder is still status quo. Nothing on the horizon,” coach Pete DeBoer said today.
After being out for eight weeks you’d hope there would be some sort of improvement in his condition, but that’s not the case here. In his place, the Devils have used Marek Zidlicky to fill the void. The Devils haven’t been worse for the wear with Zidlicky in there as he’s played decently since coming over from Minnesota.
Still, the Devils would rather have Tallinder in there to spell some of their younger players on defense. With the playoffs on the horizon next for New Jersey, they’ll be hoping that Tallinder can at least join them then. With things being “status quo” however, that’s not looking promising.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)