Mar 17, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
The Devils’ winning ways have all been going on without the help of puck-moving defenseman Henrik Tallinder and it’s not looking good for him to return anytime soon.
Tallinder has been out of action since January 17 thanks to a blood clot in his leg, and according to Rich Chere, Devils coach Peter DeBoer isn’t seeing him come back any time soon.
“Tallinder is still status quo. Nothing on the horizon,” coach Pete DeBoer said today.
After being out for eight weeks you’d hope there would be some sort of improvement in his condition, but that’s not the case here. In his place, the Devils have used Marek Zidlicky to fill the void. The Devils haven’t been worse for the wear with Zidlicky in there as he’s played decently since coming over from Minnesota.
Still, the Devils would rather have Tallinder in there to spell some of their younger players on defense. With the playoffs on the horizon next for New Jersey, they’ll be hoping that Tallinder can at least join them then. With things being “status quo” however, that’s not looking promising.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 23
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 94
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)