Mar 17, 2012, 12:00 PM EST
The Devils’ winning ways have all been going on without the help of puck-moving defenseman Henrik Tallinder and it’s not looking good for him to return anytime soon.
Tallinder has been out of action since January 17 thanks to a blood clot in his leg, and according to Rich Chere, Devils coach Peter DeBoer isn’t seeing him come back any time soon.
“Tallinder is still status quo. Nothing on the horizon,” coach Pete DeBoer said today.
After being out for eight weeks you’d hope there would be some sort of improvement in his condition, but that’s not the case here. In his place, the Devils have used Marek Zidlicky to fill the void. The Devils haven’t been worse for the wear with Zidlicky in there as he’s played decently since coming over from Minnesota.
Still, the Devils would rather have Tallinder in there to spell some of their younger players on defense. With the playoffs on the horizon next for New Jersey, they’ll be hoping that Tallinder can at least join them then. With things being “status quo” however, that’s not looking promising.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)