Mar 17, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
The Devils’ winning ways have all been going on without the help of puck-moving defenseman Henrik Tallinder and it’s not looking good for him to return anytime soon.
Tallinder has been out of action since January 17 thanks to a blood clot in his leg, and according to Rich Chere, Devils coach Peter DeBoer isn’t seeing him come back any time soon.
“Tallinder is still status quo. Nothing on the horizon,” coach Pete DeBoer said today.
After being out for eight weeks you’d hope there would be some sort of improvement in his condition, but that’s not the case here. In his place, the Devils have used Marek Zidlicky to fill the void. The Devils haven’t been worse for the wear with Zidlicky in there as he’s played decently since coming over from Minnesota.
Still, the Devils would rather have Tallinder in there to spell some of their younger players on defense. With the playoffs on the horizon next for New Jersey, they’ll be hoping that Tallinder can at least join them then. With things being “status quo” however, that’s not looking promising.
- Devils re-sign Greene to long-term pact 0
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 35
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 46
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (46)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)