Mar 16, 2012, 11:25 AM EDT
Thursday couldn’t have gone much better for the Penguins. Both of their returning stars, Sidney Crosby and Kris Letang got a point and Pittsburgh earned a 5-2 victory against the Eastern Conference leading New York Rangers.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Crosby logged 16:00 minutes on Thursday, which is a number that might trickle upwards rather slowly. Although the Penguins still have plenty to play for this season, their primary goal with regards to Crosby is probably to simply make sure he’s healthy and at peak efficiency by the start of the playoffs. If they can do that, then they’ll be a very intimidating first round opponent.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40