Mar 16, 2012, 11:25 AM EDT
Thursday couldn’t have gone much better for the Penguins. Both of their returning stars, Sidney Crosby and Kris Letang got a point and Pittsburgh earned a 5-2 victory against the Eastern Conference leading New York Rangers.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Crosby logged 16:00 minutes on Thursday, which is a number that might trickle upwards rather slowly. Although the Penguins still have plenty to play for this season, their primary goal with regards to Crosby is probably to simply make sure he’s healthy and at peak efficiency by the start of the playoffs. If they can do that, then they’ll be a very intimidating first round opponent.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22