Mar 16, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
According to ESPN New York’s Katie Strang, there’s been an official scoring change from Pittsburgh’s 5-2 victory over the New York Rangers on Thursday night. Sidney Crosby has been awarded the primary assist on Pascal Dupuis‘ third period goal — Pittsburgh’s fifth and final tally of the evening.
The scoring change means Crosby had two assists last night and now has 14 points on the year, placing him 14th on Pittsburgh’s scoring list (moving ahead of 13-point men Richard Park, Craig Adams, Joe Vitale and Aaron Asham).
The 14 points also draw him level with Los Angeles’ Dustin Penner who, it should be noted, has played 53 games this year.
Crosby’s played nine.
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 8
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 18
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 80
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (80)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)