Mar 16, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
According to ESPN New York’s Katie Strang, there’s been an official scoring change from Pittsburgh’s 5-2 victory over the New York Rangers on Thursday night. Sidney Crosby has been awarded the primary assist on Pascal Dupuis‘ third period goal — Pittsburgh’s fifth and final tally of the evening.
The scoring change means Crosby had two assists last night and now has 14 points on the year, placing him 14th on Pittsburgh’s scoring list (moving ahead of 13-point men Richard Park, Craig Adams, Joe Vitale and Aaron Asham).
The 14 points also draw him level with Los Angeles’ Dustin Penner who, it should be noted, has played 53 games this year.
Crosby’s played nine.
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 2
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 7
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 50
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 74
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)