Mar 16, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
According to ESPN New York’s Katie Strang, there’s been an official scoring change from Pittsburgh’s 5-2 victory over the New York Rangers on Thursday night. Sidney Crosby has been awarded the primary assist on Pascal Dupuis‘ third period goal — Pittsburgh’s fifth and final tally of the evening.
The scoring change means Crosby had two assists last night and now has 14 points on the year, placing him 14th on Pittsburgh’s scoring list (moving ahead of 13-point men Richard Park, Craig Adams, Joe Vitale and Aaron Asham).
The 14 points also draw him level with Los Angeles’ Dustin Penner who, it should be noted, has played 53 games this year.
Crosby’s played nine.
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 15
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 20
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 29
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)