Mar 16, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
According to ESPN New York’s Katie Strang, there’s been an official scoring change from Pittsburgh’s 5-2 victory over the New York Rangers on Thursday night. Sidney Crosby has been awarded the primary assist on Pascal Dupuis‘ third period goal — Pittsburgh’s fifth and final tally of the evening.
The scoring change means Crosby had two assists last night and now has 14 points on the year, placing him 14th on Pittsburgh’s scoring list (moving ahead of 13-point men Richard Park, Craig Adams, Joe Vitale and Aaron Asham).
The 14 points also draw him level with Los Angeles’ Dustin Penner who, it should be noted, has played 53 games this year.
Crosby’s played nine.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 19
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 42
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)