Mar 16, 2012, 10:55 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators are rolling right now, and that Ben Bishop trade is looking pretty darn bright so far. The big goalie is 3-0-2 as a Sens netminder, including a 2-1 OT win tonight in which he only faced a laughable 14 shots from the Montreal Canadiens.
(I have to admit that I checked to make sure that he didn’t come in to relieve another goalie when I first saw that stat.)
Things are going so well that you almost wonder if a bit of good news might disrupt an improving situation. The Ottawa Citizen’s Wayne Scanlan reports that injured No. 1 guy Craig Anderson is on the verge of a return.
Bishop’s productive Senators start might lead some to believe that there might be a late-season goalie battle, but Ottawa head coach Paul MacLean seems eager to give Anderson the majority of the starts – whenever he’s ready.
“Of the 11 [now 10] games we have left, we’d like him to get in as many as he can get in,” MacLean said.
So, the Senators’ potential Jack Adams candidate doesn’t seem to have much of a doubt about going back to Anderson, but do you think his return could actually mess with a good thing? Or is it a cherry on the sundae of a great week for the Senators and an awful one for the Boston Bruins?
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 8
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)