Mar 16, 2012, 10:55 PM EST
The Ottawa Senators are rolling right now, and that Ben Bishop trade is looking pretty darn bright so far. The big goalie is 3-0-2 as a Sens netminder, including a 2-1 OT win tonight in which he only faced a laughable 14 shots from the Montreal Canadiens.
(I have to admit that I checked to make sure that he didn’t come in to relieve another goalie when I first saw that stat.)
Things are going so well that you almost wonder if a bit of good news might disrupt an improving situation. The Ottawa Citizen’s Wayne Scanlan reports that injured No. 1 guy Craig Anderson is on the verge of a return.
Bishop’s productive Senators start might lead some to believe that there might be a late-season goalie battle, but Ottawa head coach Paul MacLean seems eager to give Anderson the majority of the starts – whenever he’s ready.
“Of the 11 [now 10] games we have left, we’d like him to get in as many as he can get in,” MacLean said.
So, the Senators’ potential Jack Adams candidate doesn’t seem to have much of a doubt about going back to Anderson, but do you think his return could actually mess with a good thing? Or is it a cherry on the sundae of a great week for the Senators and an awful one for the Boston Bruins?
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)