Mar 16, 2012, 10:55 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators are rolling right now, and that Ben Bishop trade is looking pretty darn bright so far. The big goalie is 3-0-2 as a Sens netminder, including a 2-1 OT win tonight in which he only faced a laughable 14 shots from the Montreal Canadiens.
(I have to admit that I checked to make sure that he didn’t come in to relieve another goalie when I first saw that stat.)
Things are going so well that you almost wonder if a bit of good news might disrupt an improving situation. The Ottawa Citizen’s Wayne Scanlan reports that injured No. 1 guy Craig Anderson is on the verge of a return.
Bishop’s productive Senators start might lead some to believe that there might be a late-season goalie battle, but Ottawa head coach Paul MacLean seems eager to give Anderson the majority of the starts – whenever he’s ready.
“Of the 11 [now 10] games we have left, we’d like him to get in as many as he can get in,” MacLean said.
So, the Senators’ potential Jack Adams candidate doesn’t seem to have much of a doubt about going back to Anderson, but do you think his return could actually mess with a good thing? Or is it a cherry on the sundae of a great week for the Senators and an awful one for the Boston Bruins?
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 27
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)