Mar 16, 2012, 10:55 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators are rolling right now, and that Ben Bishop trade is looking pretty darn bright so far. The big goalie is 3-0-2 as a Sens netminder, including a 2-1 OT win tonight in which he only faced a laughable 14 shots from the Montreal Canadiens.
(I have to admit that I checked to make sure that he didn’t come in to relieve another goalie when I first saw that stat.)
Things are going so well that you almost wonder if a bit of good news might disrupt an improving situation. The Ottawa Citizen’s Wayne Scanlan reports that injured No. 1 guy Craig Anderson is on the verge of a return.
Bishop’s productive Senators start might lead some to believe that there might be a late-season goalie battle, but Ottawa head coach Paul MacLean seems eager to give Anderson the majority of the starts – whenever he’s ready.
“Of the 11 [now 10] games we have left, we’d like him to get in as many as he can get in,” MacLean said.
So, the Senators’ potential Jack Adams candidate doesn’t seem to have much of a doubt about going back to Anderson, but do you think his return could actually mess with a good thing? Or is it a cherry on the sundae of a great week for the Senators and an awful one for the Boston Bruins?
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 1
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 9
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 72
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 63
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)