Mar 16, 2012, 6:05 PM EDT
Stop us if you’ve heard this one before – Corey Crawford is getting a chance to cement his role as the Blackhawks’ starting goalie.
You might also have heard the vice-versa version, where Ray Emery’s given the opportunity to prove he’s the No. 1.
But after Emery was yanked Tuesday against St. Louis, it’s Crawford’s turn again tonight in Dallas.
“We just want him to play consistent, play strong and give us a chance to win. He doesn’t have to win games on his own but get timely saves and get consistent, no matter what happens,” coach Joel Quenneville said, as per CSNChicago.com. “We’ve said, ‘Is this the game? Is this the game?’ He’s had a lot of opportunities to be the guy and he’s looking forward to it.”
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 6
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 32
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)