Mar 16, 2012, 6:05 PM EDT
Stop us if you’ve heard this one before – Corey Crawford is getting a chance to cement his role as the Blackhawks’ starting goalie.
You might also have heard the vice-versa version, where Ray Emery’s given the opportunity to prove he’s the No. 1.
But after Emery was yanked Tuesday against St. Louis, it’s Crawford’s turn again tonight in Dallas.
“We just want him to play consistent, play strong and give us a chance to win. He doesn’t have to win games on his own but get timely saves and get consistent, no matter what happens,” coach Joel Quenneville said, as per CSNChicago.com. “We’ve said, ‘Is this the game? Is this the game?’ He’s had a lot of opportunities to be the guy and he’s looking forward to it.”
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 1
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 11
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)