Mar 16, 2012, 6:05 PM EDT
Stop us if you’ve heard this one before – Corey Crawford is getting a chance to cement his role as the Blackhawks’ starting goalie.
You might also have heard the vice-versa version, where Ray Emery’s given the opportunity to prove he’s the No. 1.
But after Emery was yanked Tuesday against St. Louis, it’s Crawford’s turn again tonight in Dallas.
“We just want him to play consistent, play strong and give us a chance to win. He doesn’t have to win games on his own but get timely saves and get consistent, no matter what happens,” coach Joel Quenneville said, as per CSNChicago.com. “We’ve said, ‘Is this the game? Is this the game?’ He’s had a lot of opportunities to be the guy and he’s looking forward to it.”
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)