Mar 16, 2012, 6:05 PM EST
Stop us if you’ve heard this one before – Corey Crawford is getting a chance to cement his role as the Blackhawks’ starting goalie.
You might also have heard the vice-versa version, where Ray Emery’s given the opportunity to prove he’s the No. 1.
But after Emery was yanked Tuesday against St. Louis, it’s Crawford’s turn again tonight in Dallas.
“We just want him to play consistent, play strong and give us a chance to win. He doesn’t have to win games on his own but get timely saves and get consistent, no matter what happens,” coach Joel Quenneville said, as per CSNChicago.com. “We’ve said, ‘Is this the game? Is this the game?’ He’s had a lot of opportunities to be the guy and he’s looking forward to it.”
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 32
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 1
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 16
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 27
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)