Mar 16, 2012, 6:05 PM EST
Stop us if you’ve heard this one before – Corey Crawford is getting a chance to cement his role as the Blackhawks’ starting goalie.
You might also have heard the vice-versa version, where Ray Emery’s given the opportunity to prove he’s the No. 1.
But after Emery was yanked Tuesday against St. Louis, it’s Crawford’s turn again tonight in Dallas.
“We just want him to play consistent, play strong and give us a chance to win. He doesn’t have to win games on his own but get timely saves and get consistent, no matter what happens,” coach Joel Quenneville said, as per CSNChicago.com. “We’ve said, ‘Is this the game? Is this the game?’ He’s had a lot of opportunities to be the guy and he’s looking forward to it.”
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 13
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 29
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 63
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)