Mar 16, 2012, 9:03 PM EST
The “how quickly things can change” shutout theme continued today for Kari Lehtonen and the Dallas Stars, who might not look at their St. Patrick’s Day pre-game jersey gimmicks as so “lucky” anymore. Lehtonen carried a 128 minute and 32 second goose egg run into Friday and then saw Dave Bolland end it … 10 seconds into the game.
It got worse, too, as Patrick Sharp made it 2-0 about a minute and a half later.
With nearly half the first period remaining, there’s plenty of time for the Stars to come back. Still, if you want evidence of how drastically fortunes can shift from game-to-game (or even moment-to-moment) in the NHL, point to those two-goals-allowed clips by Lehtonen and Bryzgalov.
Update: the Blackhawks won the game 4-1. Check out highlights below.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 15
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 9
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 18
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8