Mar 16, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
In one of the great upsets in NCAA men’s basketball tournament history, tiny Norfolk State knocked off Missouri, 86-84, today in Omaha – just the fifth time a No. 15 seed has beaten a No. 2 in the opening round.
Ovechkin has the Spartans advancing all the way to the Elite 8 in his bracket.
He did, however, lose one of his Final Four teams today, as Alabama lost to Creighton, 58-57.
- Report: No suspension for Lucic spear of DeKeyser 22
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 113
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 54
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17