Mar 15, 2012, 1:16 PM EST
There’s still no timetable for the return of Travis Zajac to the New Jersey lineup, but the Devils’ forward said he intends to play before the end of the regular season.
“That’s the plan,” Zajac said, as per The Record. “There’s no date. We’ll talk with the doctors every week and go from there. There’s no set date. We’ll take it a day at a time here. The key for me is getting in good practices when the team does practice and trying to get in some game-like situations. This is the toughest time of the year. Points matter. Every game is important. The competitiveness is at a whole other level the last few games going into the playoffs, so for me my thought pattern is just having good practices, making sure I really get myself back into the swing of things.”
General manager Lou Lamoriello confirmed today that Zajac (Achilles tendon) has been cleared for contact and to practice with the team.
Given New Jersey is comfortably in a playoff position, there’s no reason to rush Zajac back. A few games to shake the rust off before the postseason starts should suffice.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 27
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 84
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)