Mar 15, 2012, 1:16 PM EDT
There’s still no timetable for the return of Travis Zajac to the New Jersey lineup, but the Devils’ forward said he intends to play before the end of the regular season.
“That’s the plan,” Zajac said, as per The Record. “There’s no date. We’ll talk with the doctors every week and go from there. There’s no set date. We’ll take it a day at a time here. The key for me is getting in good practices when the team does practice and trying to get in some game-like situations. This is the toughest time of the year. Points matter. Every game is important. The competitiveness is at a whole other level the last few games going into the playoffs, so for me my thought pattern is just having good practices, making sure I really get myself back into the swing of things.”
General manager Lou Lamoriello confirmed today that Zajac (Achilles tendon) has been cleared for contact and to practice with the team.
Given New Jersey is comfortably in a playoff position, there’s no reason to rush Zajac back. A few games to shake the rust off before the postseason starts should suffice.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)