Mar 15, 2012, 1:16 PM EDT
There’s still no timetable for the return of Travis Zajac to the New Jersey lineup, but the Devils’ forward said he intends to play before the end of the regular season.
“That’s the plan,” Zajac said, as per The Record. “There’s no date. We’ll talk with the doctors every week and go from there. There’s no set date. We’ll take it a day at a time here. The key for me is getting in good practices when the team does practice and trying to get in some game-like situations. This is the toughest time of the year. Points matter. Every game is important. The competitiveness is at a whole other level the last few games going into the playoffs, so for me my thought pattern is just having good practices, making sure I really get myself back into the swing of things.”
General manager Lou Lamoriello confirmed today that Zajac (Achilles tendon) has been cleared for contact and to practice with the team.
Given New Jersey is comfortably in a playoff position, there’s no reason to rush Zajac back. A few games to shake the rust off before the postseason starts should suffice.
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)